• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Mountains of Sa'rin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Or some other pretentious name.

Anyway, this is a project I (lord_Turin) and Drake. have been working on last couple weeks.
Maybe this will bump Ralle to combine my lord_Turin account and this one..

Enjoy,
And ye, its all playable.

EDIT:
and those lightning bugs dont show up ingame, so im not bothered by them :)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 307
  • 2.png
    2.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 301
  • 3.png
    3.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 288
  • 4 WIP.png
    4 WIP.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 298
  • 5 WIP.png
    5 WIP.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 286
  • 6 WIP.png
    6 WIP.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 313
  • 7 WIP.png
    7 WIP.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 293
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 28
Cool! The downside is that the use of the rough dirt tile in the right side of image 3.png makes the scene a bit confusing: crates, barrels and dirt are all too alike, and the grey and dirt-beige is a bit monotonous. Playing with the tinting of said doodads will make them stand out a bit more.

I like the architecture, it does look fine. A touch of glow in the lava as fladdermasken said will surely spice the terrain a bit.

Level 36
I must say that I agree with fladd and Naze about the tiles and lava, especially considering the great collection of custom tiles we have
here on the site. Otherwise, I can also second their opinions about the architecture, it's nice and tiny. Although I would say there are
some texture inconsistencies. Especially with the brown roofing, I never liked that model. I would suggest you try to use the shingles
from Talavaj's doodad pack to make them better. I personally don't have a problem with the barrels and crates, but I do think the tinting
could be a bit better.

Overall, though, it looks very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.