1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The ninth Concept Art Contest has launched. Enter now!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice

Mountain City

Discussion in 'Terrain Board' started by Bob27, May 23, 2008.

1. Bob27

Bob27
    This is my newest terrain, it is a large city built on a mountain. Comments and suggestions are welcome :)

MountainCity.jpg

2. Mechmap

Mechmap
    I like it very much, cant think of anything to add to it. Make a cinematic about it :)

3. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror
    Awesome. Although it looks like the horses all have 1 leg >.>

4. Belgarath

Belgarath
    Did you have the graphics settings, like AA on when you took it? Cause the tufts look rather jagged. It's awesome, but the snow on the cliff looks bad IMO. Overall, really good.

5. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X
    The castle is insane! Only if it would be playable :p
    Rest of the stuff in the picture isn't anything great tough :eek:

6. Bob27

Bob27
    Thanks for the comments guys :)

And no, I didn't change any AA or graphic settings to take the screenshot. As for the cliffs, I know it doesn't look that great, but I didn't like having just another cliff of just the rock tileset.

7. ~Void~

~Void~
    I like it, but I think the rocky "cliffs" ruin it. They are all one tile! I think you should put some dirt and rough dirt tiles in between the rocks and also go over it with the raise/lower tool to make it a bit more jagged.

8. Gilles

Gilles
    The movement of the knights are quite a nice addition. Brings life to it.

The castle is quite good, and the rest looks very natural. Although this may not be a Legendary Terrain, but it's a very good one. It's not the epicness, it just looks real.

9. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X
    Btw how did you make those knights look like they are moving in WE? I have no idea :p

10. Bob27

Bob27
    I just opened it up in Magos Model Editor, and changed the name of the walk animation to Stand-1, and then deleted the rest of the stand animations. Then I imported it back into the WE.

As for the cliffs, I will try and use your suggestions and do some work on them over the next few days, and see what I come up with.

11. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Looks quite awesome as always :thumbs_up:

12. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good
    Screen shot needs AA. AA will make the image appear more smooth and less saw blade like. Next to that, the terane is near flawless.

13. ArneXis

ArneXis
    This one looks really nice.There could be more winter theme terrain's.

14. Naze

Naze
    As you said, the cliffs are not that cool, they're kinda strange... but that's not your fault, it's hard to make something cool with them.

I think you could make the fog denser, Idk.... Something can be done for a cooler look...

Very nice terrain, mainly because of the way you placed the walls, towers and the knights!

15. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating
    the boat on the left, is waaaay out of perspective.. unless its a toy.

16. ghenjis

ghenjis
    I really like this terrain. Well done. =) The only thing I'd recommend is to make the water darker.

17. cHeRoL

cHeRoL
    Hohoho,nice work man,i like it very much.

18. Velm

Velm
    The JS is right, that boat I mean ship is way of.