• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Most rimewords in your language...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
In dutch;

word = meaning

sier = means something like ''for decoration''
pier = a worm
mier = an ant
dier = an animal
nier = kidney
vier = the number ''four''
bier = beer!
klier = annoying person
zier = a word used in the saying ''het boeit mij geen zier'' which means something like ''i don't care''
wier = seaplant
lier = like a rope
gier = a bird, vulture.
kier = when the door is just a little bit open you can say it's on a ''kier''

these all rhime lol, now you. Could do a lot more i see now but k :)

:D

Level 22
The different dialects we have here in Norway totally changes how the words are written and said, and some dialects have words that others do not.
A perfect example of the difference between the dialects is this:

Dialect one: "Jeg er kul!" (Means: I'm cool!)
Dialect two: "Æ e kul, sjø!" (I think it's "sjø", it might be something else. I don't speak that dialect)

There's also some other dialects that are also really unique, but I don't know how they write :/

Level 17
Dutch also has dialects but i don't see what that has to do with this because it's only affecting the way you pronounce it not how you write it...

No actually, in Arabic it works both ways. Since written Arabic is different than spoken Arabic. No matter what dialect you speak, there are 2 Arabics, and musicians tend to mix both + additional dialects.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Using the correct dialects you could make almost all Norwegian words rhyme. Except the exceptionally awesome Norwegian-ized English words, which tend to just have a different ending in the various dialects.

EDIT: Oh, and as for dialects only affecting pronunciation - that's wrong. Dialects change the word itself. Accents alter the pronunciation.

Level 10
Some Danish rhymes:

Maske - mask
flaske - bottle
baske - bash
gnaske - gnaw
sjaske - splash
taske - backpack
aske - ash
daske - bash/slap
klaske - slap
plaske - splash

Gumle - to chew
bumle - to make a drumming noise or bump
tumle - to tumble
skumle - to lurk
rumle - to rumble
fumle - to fumble
humle - hops
mumle - to mumble

Skak - chess
Pak - to pack
Tak - thanks
Flak - to stray
Stak - stinged (past)
Trak - pulled (past)
Snak - to talk
Hak - to hack
Gak - loony/crazy

Piv, niv, riv, liv, siv, hiv, viv, stiv, bliv, triv... Gas, bas, das, nas, glas, hash, pas...
Skur, bur, pur, lur, ur, cykeltur...
Tante, vante, slante, pante, plante...
Øl - beer!
bøl, føl, møl...

They're endless...!

Last edited:
Level 17
uhhm ... I'm spanish/dutch/german ... since I am not good with spanish and my dutch is only familial (which means I don't know each word correctly), I will just add some words in german...

Eis = Ice (you nearly speak it the same way :D)
Greis = a (probably violent) way to say "very old man"
Reis = rice
Mais = corn
Weiß = the color "white"
weiß = the first person singular form from the word "wissen" (= to know).
heiß = hot
Gleis = trainrack ... well, the things trains drive on.

Level 2
well english has a few i guess:

hi, ay, aye, bi, bligh, buy, by, bye, cry, di, die, dye, eye, fly, fry, guy, high, lie, ly, lye, my, nigh, pi, pie, pry, psi, rye, shy, sigh, sky, sly, spry, spy, thai, thy, try, tri, tie, why

Status
Not open for further replies.