• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Most memorable WoW moments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
You all have 'em... The times when you just... were happy because something happened.
Since I'm currently a level 32 Blood Elf, I don't have much to say, but the thing that truly introduced me to WoW was a 10-day trial, playing as a Dwarf. Time to write down all the "special" moments I had.

-Leaving Dun Morogh forever
This was quite... "heartbreaking" to say the least. WoW has very low exp rate, and I stayed like 5 days in that place, grinding to level 10. When the time came, a certain human showed me the way trough Ironforge to Stormwind... and I never returned to Dun Morogh. When I remember all that noobishness I was doing there...

-Getting my first mount
This would pretty much be an interesting moment for every player. I was a level 21 Blood Elf, hanging around Ogrimmar, and visited the paladin trainer. When I saw that I could actually buy a warhorse, I was all like "OMGWTFBBQLULZYWIN"! It did took me a lot of time to get enough money to buy it, but it paid off. I'm still riding it now ;-) (It's getting boring, I am level 32 now, where can I get a better mount?!

-Entering Battlegrounds
Wow... level 12 Dwarf Warrior on Battlegrounds. Soooo unsuitable. Still, it was pretty damn exciting - I got my first Honorable Kill, and got a couple of achievements.

-THE ATMOSPHERE.
Wow. I mean, WOW. If WoW is just flat-out PERFECT on one thing, it's the atmosphere. 95% of the time you feel like you're there: the music, the environment, the sound, EVERYTHING! I can never forget sitting on the walls of Stormwind harbor, listening to the seagulls and watching ships arrive and leave... Just awesome.

Level 26
That moment in Zul'Farrak when you were up there at this temple thingy and masses of enemies approached over the big stairs.

Other instances were good, too, like the monastery, scholomance (I called it schokomance (schoko = german short form for chocolate)), dead mines, stratholme, blackrock, Hakkar's temple.

I liked my tanking job. Since I had not the best gear I tried to balance it with skill, using all abilities and a lot of overview and movement.

The feeling when you eventually get the boss down after a third try before the armor collapses.

Finishing a hard quest/quest line.

Trading.

Group play but also achieving things on your own.

Getting/Learning recipes, and producing things with them.

As you said, the mount, though when I got it the earliest mount was still restricted to lvl40 and costed 720 or 800g, had to work a lot for it since I still needed some hundreds at this point. I was a herbalist and the mount then speeded up my doing a lot.

Of course, my exploration trips were interesting, when you go with a low level char in higher regions, pay a visit to the enemy's town, swim around the continent at night when the moon reflects on the water's surface.

Exploring caves and dungeons, crawling into the narrowest gaps, sneaking around without aggroing enemies, fighting creatively on the limit with enemies for a quest or rare mobs. Finding a rare herb like black lotus that you can only pick up after a hard battle or sneakingly as said. Sometimes, other ones steal your work, too.

Level 24
The most precius wow memory i have that must be when the gates of AQ opened and we first took our first step into the temple of AQ. The first boss was so funny i didnt think it coulden't be any beter. then we faced boss after boss after boss and it alweys became funnier. And when we finally met C'Thun I couldnt belive it. It was so extremly great. And when he falled I felt like I was the king of the world. I had beaten the most powerfull creture anyone had ever faced.

Level 24
C'Thun is one of the old gods who curopted Neltharion and turned him into Deathwing. The Old gods also tried to stop the titans from creating Azeroth. Anything mor you would like to know?

Level 11
On my warlock, I was on the ironforge/stormwind tram (as a horde, we were raiding it) and just about as it was to leave an alliance player got on the tram, on the tram we had an epic battle tram to tram, when I was at low health I got a summon from another warlock, I did /wave and accepted the summon. At the end of the tram we destroyed him as 40 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.