• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Most Memorable Game Storyline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
What are the most memorable games you have played?
I am not talking about gameplay (though that can certainly be a factor), but the storyline (Funny, Epic etc.)
Mine would have to be Fable (well, the first time when it was still slightly challenging), StarCraft and - despite awful reviews and being generally unloved - The Bards Tale (The newer one).

Last edited:
Level 35
PARANOIA, a Russian Half-life mod. If it didn't excist, I wouldn't be here. Spetsnaz soldiers and zombies combined with a kickass storyline. Another life changing game is Doom RPG (mobile phone), an awesome game that owns any other mobile games I've played so far. It's very very memorable.

Level 34
Does no one but myself like FF12? It was a solid game. The story wasn't up to par perhaps, but the rest was far better than any of its predecessors.

Level 8
Planescape: Torment. What is better than a man who's mortality and memories have been stripped from him. And to regain it, he must journey into hell, through dark alleys, and into the depths of a mortuary. Along the way meeting, a perverted floating skull, a succubus who desires information, and more!

Level 34
Yeah, the first Red Alert kinda started the whole RTS/Strategy series, y'know. All games before RA3 and C&C3 ruled. Generals is rather in between.

I say Pacman, Half Life, Age of Empires, GTA for starting the Sandbox, and some other games I can't recall.

Level 17
Starcraft
Warcraft
Dragon Quest 8
Final Fantasy 9, 10, 12
Jak 1-3
Ratchet and Clank
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
Assassin's Creed
Grand Theft Auto IV
World In Conflict

Level 12
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, some recites here:

Korriban
Me: How do I get prestige?
Master Uthar: Do impressive deeds or collect valuable artifacts and bring them to me.
HK-47: We could begin by slaughtering the inhabitants of this building, master. Would that be impressive?
T3-M4: Beep-beep! Bopp! Beep!
HK-47: No, I didn't mean us as well, you moronic droid!

Line:
HK-47: That is unfair, master. While Bochabas may have died gruesomly. I had most certainly nothing to do with it... Well, very little.

I could go on very long with hi's humorous comments.

Level 2
Bioshock: If you played this game, do I really need to comment? If not then... what are you waiting for? This might very well be one of the best VG stories.

Fallout 3: The main story felt kind of cheesy, but all the side quests and nuances created one of the more intricate settings and atmosphere I have seen in video games.

Marathon: Alright, this one is kind of old, but it sticks out as being, I believe, the first FPS with a real story at all. And what a story! Although Marathon 1 and 2 had great stories, Marathon Infinity really pushed it over the edge and placed it in an honorary spot on this list. I'm not saying anything about the story, because you can experience it yourself for free, as Bungie released it as freeware and there is a source port that makes it playable on modern computers.

Myst: Possibly some of the best video game stories ever. Especially Riven. These games are a dime a dozen, as well.

Assassin's Creed had a wonderful story IMO, although it got repetitive, I found it a great deal of fun all along the way, it wasn't too short, nor too long either. The end was completely orgasmic, I have to say that. Perfect cliffhanger, makes you want more and more of it. I thought it'd be great to play as Desmond in AC2. There were a crapload of little things, like the shared curve scar on Altair/Desmond's mouth. A lot of unexplained things, great stuff IMO.

Also, I have to say, Crysis. The story was, IMO, quite good, although the original about the comet crashing, then with the Korean + Americans actually teaming up, with a team etc., around you (see the Crysis Beta shots or something like that, I WANTED THAT stuff) was a lot better IMO. But you have to give it a lot of credit - its graphics were, and still are, some of (if not the?), best. The physics were pretty amazing too, it was a great game overall I though. Except for its tiny play time : |.

Then also WC3, for obvious reasons. SC too. Zelda Ocarina of Time. Banjoo Kazooie. Good shit, those. :>

Level 2
Yeah, the Bioshock story was quite memorable.
"I chose the impossible, I chose... Rapture"

Yes, the intro, as well as the extremly surprising and mind-blowing twist near the end were some of the most memorable experainces I can recall in a game.

Assassin's Creed had a wonderful story IMO, although it got repetitive, I found it a great deal of fun all along the way, it wasn't too short, nor too long either. The end was completely orgasmic, I have to say that. Perfect cliffhanger, makes you want more and more of it. I thought it'd be great to play as Desmond in AC2. There were a crapload of little things, like the shared curve scar on Altair/Desmond's mouth. A lot of unexplained things, great stuff IMO.

Yes, AC had a pretty good story as well... I actually found myself more interested in the modern stuff then the stuff that was happening in the past. I'm glad Ubisoft managed to professionally pull off a feeling of mystery in the story that is still there even at the end of the game. An honorable mention in my list, for sure.

Level 5
Warcraft 3, mgs1-4, gta1-4, crash bandicoot 1-3, spyro 1-3, ratchet and clank 1-current versions, little big planet, unreal tournament 1-3

Level 11
Planescape: Torment. What is better than a man who's mortality and memories have been stripped from him. And to regain it, he must journey into hell, through dark alleys, and into the depths of a mortuary. Along the way meeting, a perverted floating skull, a succubus who desires information, and more!

*bows* You made my day, couldn't have said it better.

Level 15
Morrowind is just about my favorite game of all time. One of the best storylines i've seen, a massive world to discover, tons of dungeons to loot, Hundreds of quests, and thousands of items. The only stipulation i have with it is the combat, it can get annoying sometimes.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I would have to say FF5 is at the top of my list, although graphically it was poor and not too complex, it has very remerable music, a decent style and sadish parts to the story.

and some others in no particular order

FF7 is pretty high as it also had a rememorable plot.

Empire Earth 1 / Empires Dawn of the Modern World (both these titles used the same engine with the latter being less dated). They set high standards for what a good RTS should be like, with nasty cheating AI, large build choice options, good customizbility, very good random maps and lost of recources. Best of all no lag even with tons of units on dated systems back then. No modern RTS approaches this kind of play style which is kind of sad as they all go few options for simple people which is boring.

Sonic adventure 2, a game which everyone should have played. The number of play styles and complexity of some of the levels will keep you entertained for a long time, also the good thing is it is not a pain in the ass to become good at like sonic unleashed. The stroyline was also very good, something which no sonic game has ever matched and best of all was you could view it from the totally opposite perspective as well.

Super smashbrothers (1,2 and 3), a game series which is totally unforgetable. The very thought of mario fightning some of the consols other top brands was incrediable. It got better when you could play as even more famous characters like the flagship villians of gannondorf and bowser as well as introducing other cool characters. And finally it has rached the pinical of awesomeness by making existing characters cooler and brining in rivals from other non related series. After playing all of them, you may quite well find you thinking of some characters that you never heard of before in a cool way.

Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne. The actual game itself is boring, but so many maps have been created, it feels as if you are playing a different game for each one. Sadly this feeling does not last as you learn more about the engine, but it was enough to last 2 years of your life back before it became so dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.