• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

more questions about leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
i read somewhere that the stun of the warchief hero leaks, so i want to ask are there effects that leak? you know the effects we use to make spells have some eye candy, if yes, which ones?

and second, when using the ping minimap at a location, do we need to use a variable instead of just "center of region"?

thx

Level 6
Do you mean war stomp? I think it causes that because of the terrain deformation.. I remember all skills that have terrain deformation causes severe lag..

i use the following 2 effects often in my map

Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl

Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl

of course i destroy them with "destroy last created effect etc" but do they still leak because of terrain deformation?

Level 23
i use the following 2 effects often in my map

Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl

Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl

of course i destroy them with "destroy last created effect etc" but do they still leak because of terrain deformation?

Yep, the terrain deformation is hard coded in the spell so basically you can destroy that effect.(although I remember a spell that you can set the terrain deformation but I think that wasn't war stomp)

I don't know if it's exactly "leaking" but I do know that it will cause extreme lag and will also cause desyncs. so it would be better if you use another spell or trigger the thing.. :3

Level 6
Yep, the terrain deformation is hard coded in the spell so basically you can destroy that effect.(although I remember a spell that you can set the terrain deformation but I think that wasn't war stomp)

I don't know if it's exactly "leaking" but I do know that it will cause extreme lag and will also cause desyncs. so it would be better if you use another spell or trigger the thing.. :3

hmmmm, well im kind of confused here, dont know what ill do...

another question, will using the origin of a unit to create a special effect cause a location leak?

• Efecto especial - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Beetarget3 using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl

Level 19
hmmmm, well im kind of confused here, dont know what ill do...

another question, will using the origin of a unit to create a special effect cause a location leak?

• Efecto especial - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Beetarget3 using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl

That will leak the same as every other special effect, you have to save it to a variable and remove it.

No... He said he was using the effects. Using the plain effects of the skill in triggers will not cause any leaks, but using the skill itself (with effects or latter) will.

Status
Not open for further replies.