• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

moon well help - trigger and art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The moonwell's water is dependant on its amount of mana: you (should) know that if you ever play a proper game of warcraft. Just make it create with full mana.
Same for the Auto Heal ability: the heal is an auto cast ability, just set it to on.. alternatively you could give it a fountain of mana/health ability.

Bort

Level 8
i have made the moonwells WITH mana already, and tried everything. i made moonwells with 500 mana capacity and it SHOWS 500/500 mana and still no water inside.

also, maybe i didnt made myself clear about the trigger of the auto mana replenishment - i want it to show a special gfx when a hero is replenishing with mana, not just a simple mana replenishment..

Level 9
for the gfx, change the buff, i think mana and health replenishment uses a buff, which is on the unit for a short time, healing it.
Open the replenish ability in the ability editor, and look at which buffs it uses. :)

Level 9
i could have told you that it wouldn't work on the water, but it does change the gfx shown on the unit being healed (buffs are the effect on the manipulated unit).
The water, sheesh, i have no idea, i never considered that water before. But, you could try using a tidal guardian instead of the moon well, that one always has water :)

Level 4
panto is right, vile. The moon well water is based on an ability, specifically the "Replenish Mana and Life" ability. If you want that moon well, there is no way around it needing that ability.

Level 4
If you were paying attention you would have realized that I just answered your question, but to reiterate, to give your moon well water, it must have the "replenish mana and life" ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.