• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Modeling Contest 22: THEME POLL

Choose the theme that you would like to participate in for MODELING CONTEST 22

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
CHOOSE YOUR WEAPON!

9478492.jpg

Theme Rough Description
1. Do ya feel lucky... punk? STOP YER BELLYACHIN', this here is the wild west, and there's no room fer pansy-asses round here. Only the tough survive, and only the handsome, grisled men with 5 o'clock shadows get to be the heroes. so DRAW... err... model... oh, you know what i mean.
2. Vehicular Manslaughter Gentlemen... START, YOUR, ENGINES! Because when we start this vehicle contest, you dont want to be left in the dust. So make sure your tank is full and your computer is hot, cause if you aint first... you're last. VROOOMANNA!
3.We are cyborg.... we are legion You and everyone you love will be assimilated into this soulless, calculating and efficient contest theme. Make your best half-organic, half-mechanical monstrosity and pray it doesnt kill you when you turn it on. Resistance to this theme... is futile.
4. CREEP - LIKE A BAOWSS Are you creepin like a boss? I think the better question is, what sort of man would combine those two songs? I'll tell you what kind. YOU! You have to make a boss unit of a creepy race in wc3.... bonus points if you make him dance.
5. Angels and Demons Dont worry, this theme is significantly easier to understand than the movie.... all you need to know is that it is up to you to create some kind of angelic or demonic creature before tom hanks destroys the Vatican with an antimatter bomb to stop the ninja Illuminati from... i dunno.... destroying scientology?
6. Let the beat drop. Make a musical unit. Arthas' rock'n'roll bandmates? A unit that uses an instrument as a weapon? (like a big battle-axe aha... ( ಠ_ಠ) Or even a one man band! Get out your headphones 'n' turntables fellow DJs... cause we about to kick this party INTO OVERDRIVE! BWAAAOOOMMMaWAUBWUBWUBbuabubblubdub!
7. He is DOHVAKIIN.... DRAGONBORN! FUS RO DAH! rarawrar... fire... wings... rarawrara.... FUCKING HELL GIANT LIZARDS.... rawr
8. Mutants? Pyramidhe@d wins! Create your best horrendously mutated monstrosity for this freakshow of a contest. I mean... we all know we're just going to give pyramidhe@d the award but... well, there's always 2nd and 3rd place right?
9. Mimic gimmick In the words of a very wise old fish... IT'S A TRAP! that is to say... this theme is a trap. You have to make a seemingly benign object somehow FUCKIN EVIL. Be it the razor-toothed toilet, a psychopathic mop, or the DEMON BANANA KING! This theme is more... than meets the eye
10. Buggin' out So while surfin the web for my favorite cricket game, i fly by this theme. And when i spyd 'er, i knew it would beetal themes. Ant how could i refuse?

Level 10
What ever you guy vote, i'm sure 'll have more fun await.
- Angel and Demon have abunch of them in Warcraft III, not so rarely.
- Vehichle is a bunch too, ask General Frank about that.
- Dragon and Mutant not so rarely too,
I'm waiting for another entertaining show full of creative and surprising.

Level 26
mimicry is a phenomenon of nature. The concept is basicly that you can often find 2 species of the same animal group that look really similar. 1 of them is often dangerous and the other one exactly looks like the toxic one, but is completely friendly. But there is also the other way round: an animal looks really weak, but the truth is that it is really toxic and would kill other animals in seconds.

So the mimic theme basicly means that you create something living that looks like something, but which is totally the opposite.
A famous example of gaming history is the chest that is actually a demon with teeth: http://pocza.deviantart.com/art/Mimic-131040522?q=boost:popular in:digitalart mimic&qo=11
here you can find some more mimic concepts: http://www.gameartisans.org/contests/minis/view_entries_painting_19.html
(all of them are based on daily life stuff, but it could also be an animal or plant)

Level 26
if the dragon theme wins, i will (of course) allow dragon themed models.
You will be allowed to make either literal Full grown western dragons, chinese serpent dragons, (dragon-like) sea serpents are acceptable. (heavily) dragon themed armor is acceptable.

EDIT: but i agree with dio. dont be one of those lazy pricks who thinks they get +5 originality points for making a fringe-concept
that is to say, they think that a dragon-warrior is more original than a unique looking DRAGON

Level 49
if the dragon theme wins, i will (of course) allow dragon themed models.
You will be allowed to make either literal Full grown western dragons, chinese serpent dragons, (dragon-like) sea serpents are acceptable. (heavily) dragon themed armor is acceptable.

EDIT: but i agree with dio. dont be one of those lazy pricks who thinks they get +5 originality points for making a fringe-concept
that is to say, they think that a dragon-warrior is more original than a unique looking DRAGON

It's just that, being me, I cannot model anything organic for shit. I did try once. Maybe Milkshape just sucks. Maybe I'm a terrible modeler. Maybe I gave up too easily. Either way, the only way I can make anything organic is by model-editing, and model-editing the Dragon\Coutal\Wyvern Rider doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

EDIT: Woohoo! Mimic is winning! :D

Level 26
It's just that, being me, I cannot model anything organic for shit. I did try once. Maybe Milkshape just sucks. Maybe I'm a terrible modeler. Maybe I gave up too easily. Either way, the only way I can make anything organic is by model-editing, and model-editing the Dragon\Coutal\Wyvern Rider doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

EDIT: Woohoo! Mimic is winning! :D

no one is forcing you to participate.

Level 17
As a modelator, it is probably a better interest to model as many different things as possible for fun learning experience. It may seem lame to you now, but you never know when that +20 XP may help you in the future.

wow... you guys were right, mimic WAS the best idea

>.>

mimic was a good idea.

too lazy to type everything again, I'll just quote myself:

i dont think the mimic theme was a fail. it was a rather cool contest with a good amount of entries... the winners made good models... why always saying OMG FACEPALM THAT CONTEST REALLY SUCKED ... of course it would be nice if we made a contest in which TDR, jigrael, Callahan, and all other skilled modellers around the hive did something and summed up a good amount of pro entries, but the times have changed... we should get over it and keep hosting interesting themes

Status
Not open for further replies.