• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Modeling Contest 15 THEME POLL

What should the theme for Modeling Competition 15 be?

• Mythical Sea Creature

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Anthropomorphic Creatures

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Critters "Gone Bad"

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Steampunk

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Melee Unit "replacements"

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Rebellion

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Colossus

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • Critters

Votes: 10 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
GREAT! minicontest has been over for 2 days now.... what now pyritie? Now that we have had your "minicontest", will you allow us (the users and modelers of the hive) to decide the contest theme as we rightly should, thus inducing \:)D)/ "yays" all around, OR shall you forsake the contestants and make us trudge through another extremely limited contest the likes of which will bring despair across the hive for it's inherent "lame-ness" (i.e.critters?), and thus inducing /(,-_-,)\ "oh noes"? WHAT SAY YOU OH MIGHTY DRAGON. GIVE US THIS BOON and we shall forever sing unto thee praise! COLOSSUS forever!

(lol, if it's colossus we could make a pyritie dragon model, we cant do something like that with a "critter theme"...... well, i mean, I wouldn't... but someone might >.>)

Level 26
.... no... im not really, i just make a bunch of robutts.....(ಠ_ಠ)
I saw plenty of great modelers in that last mini contest, and there are tons of incredible modelers here on the hive. But compared to professional games... im nothing... most people here aren't good compared to modern games, this is a modding site for an extremely old game and none of us are professionals. That is why I want a colossus contest. Because nowadays, most games dont have to be as strict about polycount and most of our computers will compensate for large quantities of polies in a game like wc3. The mincontest was fun and all, we got some great submissions from a lot of people. But the contest was ridiculously limiting. A colossus contest will challenge us. Creating models with large amounts of polies and complex animations is the only way any of us will get better. Dont sit around moping because you think someone is better than you, just practice and challenge yourself.

..... also, on an unrelated note "DO WANT COLOSSUS CONTEST"!

N.O

N.O

Level 6
Yay people said good luck for me... :D I do hope this starts sometime soon but would most likely be best when everyone has a lot of time on their hands.

One Of N.O's Epic Quotes...
({{ Go Free Modeling Tools! :D}})

Status
Not open for further replies.