• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Modeling Competition #8 - Cavalry

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a projectile, since the wind rider is traditionally a ranged unit. Or do you plan to have his attacks magic based and create glows and such upon attack?
--donut3.5--

Ah, you meant a projectile. Yeah I plan to to one based on *brumroll* Wywern rider spear. I renamed some of the animations to look kinda different.

Level 35
First WIP of the day for me.

2001191902261922295_rs.jpg

Level 10
k i will post a critiquable version soon, maybe tomorrow

Edit: Here is a PRE RELEASE demo version of the model, animations are as follows

Attack - 1
Attack - 2
Attack - 3
Attack Slam
Death
Dissipate
Stand - 1
Stand - 2
Stand - 3
Stand Ready
Walk

Please write some reviews of the anims, I am not so sure about how the attacks and the stand ready are workin out. Post your opinions please.

The model doesn't work in any viewer so you must test ingame, he is a little small so size him up to 2 or 3. Also make his walk speed like 40-50 (Comment on which looks best)

Textre has no path.

EDIT: REMOVED

Last edited:
Level 22
Necrobomb.. Mah sexy

okey dokey, Second attempt at making anything decent in Milkshape, can i please have some feedback, people? Still working out his anims, but if you guys could just give me some constructive criticism it'd be awesome.
This is not my final entry, just a... demo(?).

Attachments

• Abomination.mdx
    72.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Abomb.JPG
    Abomb.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 247
  • Bomb.JPG
    Bomb.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 238

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Dwarf, that guy is awesome. Pretty impressive texture work too.
I suggest you remove that black and white part part on the edge of his mask though.

Another suggestion: make a spell anim using the little reaper in the tower. That would involve him more.

Level 22
Lord_T, I say give the abbo his arm back and make him carrying the necromancer.

Nah, I'm going to fix up the meshes once the animating's satisfactory to make his missing arm look justifiable

Lord_T I like the idea a lot. The model needs a lot of work though.

Of course it does, silly! It's only 3 days in the making. Could you elaborate on the problems it has, besides the Incompleteness of the mesh?

Level 31
Six legs would be a little tough, and the myth says it's body is like an ox/horse/deer, so I went with the mage(not to mention the moon prestess uses a bow XP)

FINAL
I work fast, here's the final version. Contains the Unit Model, Portrait Model, Skin, and a special riderless version that I made for some uknown reason while I was working on it.

Attachments

• KylinMageContestFinal.jpg
    KylinMageContestFinal.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 584
  • QilinMage.zip
    493.7 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Level 34
Holy crap. That thing is badass! You've outdone yourself. The rider better not ruin it! No pressure though! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.