• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Model/Texture Collection - Requesting your old stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of some odd obsession with art, ive decided i want to back up as many models, and textures as i can (ive got plenty of room dont worry), so they never get lost into the abyss... (when your hardrive crashes or whatever)

So basically im asking for your models!, weather their bugged, or, for some other reason didnt make it into the model section... (any and all modelers)
before you submit them, here are the terms inwhich i will accept the resources.

1. they should be atleast somewhat different from their base model/texture (i dont want an footman with a slightly larger sword, or that little feather thing gone. I want models/textures that are somewhat distinct, recoloured textures are accepted

2. they should work ingame, i dont care if they dont have the proper animations, or some of them dont display properly, aslong as they work ingame

3. you grant me, or anyone i give, permission to modify/fix, if fixed however, the origional file will also be kept them if we so wish.

4. i cant guarantee credits will be given when i share the models, i will however do my best to atleast give people the origional authors name, it would help if you change the filename to "Filename(By Playername).mdx". and i will attempt to fufill any request i see in the request section with my database

5. if you are uploading a large filesize worth of models, i suggest using a file service such as rapidshare, so we dont clog up hives server with it..

6. I am already downloading models from about 15 other websites (all of their models), so if your model is in the model section (not somewhere deep in the forums, i dont care about that), at some semi large site (more than 25 daily visitors), please dont submit those models to me, as itl just create duplicates. (ofcourse these models will be held in a seperate section, and be held to the standards setforth in their readme's

7. only submit your work, or work that you have permission to, use however you wish

8. no single models over 2mb, anything that large probably doesnt need to be in warcraft 3 anyways

Post all links in this post, or PM them to me, i dont care which

no they dont, just semi acceptable XD, i dont mind wips, cause i can also work on them if i like em or whatnot, i just dont want stuff like unanimated meshes (with the exception of doodads, and maybe even buildings if their good, as its easy to add a few basic anims to a building..)

just about anything is welcome

Oh and thx for the link, but there were no visible models attached to the post

Level 10
I got some models I think. Most of them didn't get approved due to the simpleness of them. I'll upload them as I find them.
1st Edit: Added a model
2nd Edit: Added a model
3rd Edit: Added a model
4th Edit: Added a skin
5th Edit: Added a model
[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=84566&stc=1&d=1277842143[/IMG]
on the eyes. My first model Edit.
It got rejected here.
Download Here
[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=84571&stc=1&d=1277844342[/IMG]
Don't know if this was that kind of crap you expected,
but that's what I got.
Download Here
[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=84596&stc=1&d=1277894208[/IMG]
his too simple I think. Also his dissipate anim is bugged.
Download Here
[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=84602&stc=1&d=1277899924[/IMG]
Download Here
[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=84626&stc=1&d=1277918335[/IMG]
except Hero Glow, and his wrap is somewhat awkward.
I don't have a portrait for him but I added a camera.
Download Here
[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=84690&stc=1&d=1277973573[/IMG]
Download Here
[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=84807&stc=1&d=1278178045[/IMG]
which wasn't too great as the animation tended to
mess up, but I fixed some of them (although I
couldn't stop him from stabbing his own foot in
''Attack - 2''). Thanks too GF for the tip about
warforger (although I'm changing to MDLvis from
now on). Jeez, wall of text. Anyhow....
Download Here
Sorry for the fanciness of my upload, took it from an old forum post. + I really like the use of ''()'' x)

Attachments

• GlowingHelmet.JPG
    GlowingHelmet.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 312
  • HeavyStoneHammer.mdx
    2.6 KB · Views: 102
  • GlowingHelmet.mdx
    4.7 KB · Views: 100
  • StoneHammer.JPG
    StoneHammer.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 355
  • FelOrcChampion.JPG
    FelOrcChampion.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 334
  • FelOrcChampion.zip
    87.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Axe.mdx
    2.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Axe.JPG
    Axe.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 327
  • Champion Of Light.JPG
    Champion Of Light.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 313
  • Champion Of Light.zip
    165.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Goblin Druid.JPG
    Goblin Druid.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 307
  • Goblin Druid.zip
    462.1 KB · Views: 83
  • BlademasterElf.zip
    65.3 KB · Views: 85
  • ElfBladeMaster.JPG
    ElfBladeMaster.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
im suprised this thread wasnt jumped on more than this XD, im asking for very little work on the responders side, as they dont even have to make anything, just upload anything they havnt had accepted into the model section..., if you have any curiositys on if your model is 'acceptable' to me, just upload it, it takes me a couple seconds to see if its worth keeping or not

Status
Not open for further replies.