• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model is Damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I keep getting errors when I try to open a model in Matrix Eater. In MdlVis, it imports correctly. However, when I click on the Sequence editor it gives me a popup saying 'model is damaged, report to author.' The model opens fine in Magos' Model Editor.
a412d7bab3098206ad6d14e7d0bab64c.png
f7bb19f92db93e5b5f3031814366964c.png

Attachments

• FTrunksSSHead.zip
    143.3 KB · Views: 37
Level 29
How did you generate this model?

The sequence looks ok, albeit it has no information other than its interval. I don't know why this is an issue for MdlVis.

The Matrix Eater error results from your vertices.
They are supposedly attached to matrix group 255 (presumably converted from -1).
The geosets have 0 matrix groups, and indeed the model has no bones in the first place.
To fix this, add a bone in Magos, and then add a matrix group for it and change the vertex groups. The latter two will probably be a lot easier to do with a text editor in MDL format. If you need help I can do this for you.
I reported this to Retera, since it is after all supported by the game, even if it's broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.