• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Model Editor/Viewer Shadow Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, when i load a model into model editor, i only see the black figure shaped in shape of imported model.. i dont see any colours. anyone knows how to fix this?

Hi, when i load a model into model editor, i only see the black figure shaped in shape of imported model.. i dont see any colours. anyone knows how to fix this?

It probably cannot find the texture. Go to Windows -> Texture Manager. The files listed should either be (1) within the MPQ (2) within the proper directory with the model.

e.g. if it says "SomeTexture.blp", that file should either be from the MPQ or it should be in the same folder as the .mdx file. If it is "Textures\SomeTexture.blp", then it should either be in the MPQ, or it should be in a folder named "textures" that is located where the .mdx file is.

Level 4
Did that and saw one change.. now texture manager is full of some textures but model is still black :s what now? ill rep you again

Are you sure your models use only in game textures and no custom ones?
Edit: Try opening the model using warcraft 3 viewer to see if the textures appear correctly there.
Edit: Take a look at my conversation line with PurgeandFire!

Attachments

• sar.jpg
    sar.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 138
Level 4
yea, whichever model i open its just black.. and i am openeing it in model viewer and they work ingame ofc.. you said you had this problem? how you solved it and did you solve it at all? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.