• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Model holes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I made a custom model that when viewed in the Warcraft 3 Viewer works perfectly fine. However when it's imported into the actual game, there are a couple spots where I can see right through the model as if there was nothing there. Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix the issue?

Level 5
Oh something happened in the geomerge or the skin doesnt wrap properly one of them. If you geomerged the model wrong then you'll be able to see right through say the top of the units head... I don't really know what to say on this it happens to me alot.

Level 4
Well, I fixed the problem by merging a couple geosets in the spots where the holes were. They block the holes and the skins I gave them blend right with the rest of the body. You can barely notice it in the game. :)

Level 5
The problem is that the face that is 'invisible' ingame is upside down. The Wc3Viewer shows all faces as 2-sided; however that is not the case ingame. The solution is to either flip the face around or give the texture the 2-sided setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.