• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model does not work as a destructible

Level 13
Hi, so I made a simple model that I would like to use as a destructible in one of my maps.
The trouble is, when I use it for a destructible, like say "barrel", then the resulting destructible can be selected but not attacked by units.

-For testing purposes, I tried it with different models, and it works fine with all models except this one.
-It even works with all of MY custom models, except this one!
-I reopened it in Magos and re-calculated extends, to see if that helps, but no.
-I also used the model as a unit, and as a unit it works fine.
-Based on a similar thread, I tried changing the "portrait" field so it matches, and removed the shadow, but in my case, that didn't do anything.

Do you know what is it missing in my model so it can be used as a destructible as well?

Attachments

• Shortlegs House Temperate Huge Single.mdx
    59.3 KB · Views: 3
Level 18
Hi, so I made a simple model that I would like to use as a destructible in one of my maps.
The trouble is, when I use it for a destructible, like say "barrel", then the resulting destructible can be selected but not attacked by units.

-For testing purposes, I tried it with different models, and it works fine with all models except this one.
-It even works with all of MY custom models, except this one!
-I reopened it in Magos and re-calculated extends, to see if that helps, but no.
-I also used the model as a unit, and as a unit it works fine.
-Based on a similar thread, I tried changing the "portrait" field so it matches, and removed the shadow, but in my case, that didn't do anything.

Do you know what is it missing in my model so it can be used as a destructible as well?
I initially thought that you didn't add a collision.
But there was a conflict.
Then I tried to add a model of the structure of people to the "barrel" object.
Everything was fine.
But it was not possible to attack your model as if there was no collision at that moment.
I'm sorry I couldn't help you.

Level 13
Of course my big worry is that my model might be broken in some way.

Is there any quick way to check that, like run it through some program and it tells you "ooops model is corrupt here is the section that does not compute"?

Level 18
Of course my big worry is that my model might be broken in some way.

Is there any quick way to check that, like run it through some program and it tells you "ooops model is corrupt here is the section that does not compute"?
I think you should write to the moderator of the models in the hive.
Perhaps he will help you.
This is also the first time I've encountered your problem.

Level 41
it's because of boxy collision shapes
as far as i know only spheres work
blizz buildings have boxy collisions and they work
but barricades, crates, gates don't even have collision shapes and they work too
i have not looked into it further than that

Attachments

• Shortlegs House Temperate Huge Single.mdx
    59.3 KB · Views: 2
Level 13
it's because of boxy collision shapes
as far as i know only spheres work
blizz buildings have boxy collisions and they work
but barricades, crates, gates don't even have collision shapes and they work too
i have not looked into it further than that
THANK YOU this was driving me nuts.

I had actually wondered about the box shapes, checked the blizzard "Farm" model and was like shrug should be okay

So I never would have figured this out on my own :p