• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Missile Launch & Impact Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am sorry if this has been asked before I am still getting use to the SC2 Editor and have looked for quite some time for an answer.

I followed this guide: http://www.staredit.net/starcraft2/Creating_a_Missile_Ability for creating a simple missile ability for a Goliath unit.

Everything works fine except for the fact that I can't seem to figure out how to modify where the missile launches from (I would like it to fire from one of the 2 missile pods on the sides of the Goliath) It wasn't covered in the guide and I have looked around multiple forums for an answer with no luck. Currently the Missile fires from the bottom of the Goliath and impacts at the base of the target clipping into the ground.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Attachment methods specify where the missiles come from. I think they are queried in the launch actor. You need to query ones for the appropriate attachment points for the model you are using (use viewer to see attachment points available).

If the model has no such attachment points I am not sure what is to be done but judging from the composite models that everyone is making now days I suspect you can use an actor offset to somehow make a custom but inefficient offset.

Status
Not open for further replies.