• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Mini Terrain Contest - BLUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
With no promises, but to keep the heat on I provide now a new WIP.

Currently working on that wrecked ship, it's proving to be a bitch to make, what with all the angles and shit I have to tweak.

Edit: Another small update, the changes are so small that I care not for a now post about it.

Attachments

• WIP.png
    WIP.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Level 3
Fck, I can't find my terrain, anyway i'll just make a new one.

EDIT:

hmm... not blue enough for me.. but maybe some effects will do.. what do you guys think?

24ys4fd.jpg
Eh.......Don't you think the edge of stones were too bare?maybe,Add some grass or bush?
and also we need some houses or towers ,and something which can create blue light:moon,crystal pillars,owl with blue eyes?

by the way, where did you got that pine?

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I love it when people actually post and patiently wait for a decent reply instead of turning back to the first page to actually check what the rules really say. Can't decide if it's lazy or abundantly patient.
What I meant was, that the models need to be from the hive or wc3campaigns, and th wow models aren't.
Rules say otherwise:
Contest Rules said:
Unless a used resource belongs to either hiveworkshop or Wc3 Campaigns, a link to the used resources must be provided.
WoW models seem to be allowed nowadays, just not other ripped models.
Needs to be stated:
Contest Rules said:
Map may consist of any resource as long a it is public and not ripped or stolen
Exports from World of Warcraft are definitely ripped.

Follow the rules on the first page and you can't go wrong. If you do and still can't submit your entry, M0rbid is liable to have changed or added rules he didn't really think needed to be up there. In that case, M0rbid is at fault. Not you. So let's say we stop worrying about this in the future, pretty please?

Level 23
It's not up to me really, it's a matter of site policy and I have no clue about how the current site policy looks like.
Therefor, I will stick with what it was like before it became invisible, allowing WoW models.
I have edited the contest rules now aswell, which I could not do before due to my lacking internet connection.

On a different note:

In that case, M0rbid is at fault.

There is no such case.

Last edited:
Level 36
Sadly, I've managed to delete the camera I had set in my map and then saved it. And re-placing that camera now would be a bitch, what with all the strange angles I had as an outset, so this then will be my final entry.

I am more than aware that there is probably many things I could still have tweaked and experimented with to make it better, but I simply do not have the determination to do so as of now... >.>

Attachments

• WIP.jpg
    WIP.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 140
Status
Not open for further replies.