• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini Modelling Contest #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
A long time now that there was a Mini Modelling Contest, any ideas?
Would love to enter a modelling contest again, and the Mini ones were always sucessful as far as I can remember.

Current Theme-Ideas:

Doodads (DonDustin)
Attachments (DonDustin)
Stuff meant to use Footman animations (Dionesiist)
Model using Custom Textures (-Peper-)
Plants (Mechanical Man)
Hero Minion (Happycockroach)
Base mesh for Texturing Contests (DonDustin)

Last edited:
Level 51
I would like doodads or attachments for a mini modeling contest, but that's just me

Meh, these are quite standart themes, they would have an gigantic participant list though.

Stuff meant to use footman animations :D

Quite like these, maybe an other animation set instead of the footman, which can be used for more things and shows more variety?

we could make rocks. each one makes a different rock, the best rock wins.

the possibilities are many
images
Z

lol, now seriously... mini-modelling contests are to be simple, but don't need to be all this simple!
maybe we can make a contest about Minions of heroes
an example is the Lava Spawn to the Firelord
another would be any of the Beastmaster beasts...

Level 26
I also got another idea inspired by the current texturing contest: we could just create meshes with uv map, that does not require anims for the contest, that are supposted to be used in a future texturing contest. Our job would be to create an interesting, creative mesh.

Level 51
but I really can not see any kind of creativity there.

This is the problem.
Except, making a model which use existing custom skinS. Yes, skinS.
But who wanna download a model with +7 custom skins.

Jeah, that might be a problem.

Well, then I could add my suggestion of plants here, dunno

Well, plants itself are a little bit too simple to make for my taste, an advanced theme like mega plants (like flesh eating ones and such) would be still interresting though.

Status
Not open for further replies.