• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Microsoft now Owns All of ActivisionBlizzard, The Deal is finished Worldwide.

Level 11
Age of Empires is on Steam. I guess Warcraft III's fate will end up there or maybe not, since the companies under Microsoft will be named Blizzard still so maybe the B.net app will stay.
It is obvious that it will end there and at xbox store, the question is if there will be workshop integration or not.

Level 22
I don't like seeing such huge consolidation in the gaming industry, but in this case, Activision was such a soulless corporate entity (led by Bobby Kotick, who couldn't give two shits about video games) that this might actually be an improvement. Microsoft has (so far) shown itself to be willing to actually invest in a wide variety of game genres, even if not every game it makes is going to be a massive blockbuster of a money maker.

We'll see what happens.

oh good, as if Warcraft wasn't dead enough already, Microsoft needed to get rid of the rest of anyone who ever knew whatever was going on

I guess it's probably part of their strategy to have ChatGPT do all the work in the future. why pay a human to make warcraft products when chatgpt can do it

I asked Bing Chat what to do with Warcraft franchise if we imagined I work at Microsoft, and it said to bring WoW to mobile, sell more content like expansions, add microtransactions, and add more premium subscription services.

That's Microsoft's wondrous AI technology at work.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I asked Bing Chat what to do with Warcraft franchise if we imagined I work at Microsoft, and it said to bring WoW to mobile, sell more content like expansions, add microtransactions, and more premium subscription services.

That's Microsoft's wondrous AI technology at work.
Even the AI thinks like a greedy goblin. No wonder what type of people are behind its development.