• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Messed up lightning effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello!

I'm 99% ignorant about graphic software (and with no artistic talent to boot), but that didn't stop me from attempting my hand at custom lightning effects. After fiddling quite a bit with Reforged .slk, I finally got the file in, however it looks off really in game, the colour is mostly red and strange RBG noise seems to have been splattered all over it. I tried different configurations in the .slk itself and that is not the issue.

My guess (again, as someone who has no idea whatsoever) is that I messed up the alpha channel somehow? BLP Lab seems to detect it fine, but maybe there's an extra step I'm missing? Or is the resolution, compression...? Any ideas or knowledge?

It's fine if I need to remake the ray, but I'd rather not waste my time without being sure where I'm messing up (or even better, if I don't have to remake it at all!)

Thanks everybody for their time!

Attachments

• negationbeam.png
    negationbeam.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.