• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MDL to MDLX from a different game

Level 2
I have a MDL from an late 90s game. It too converted to MDLX which I don't have but I have the MDL. I tried using the tool on here to convert it, and it didn't work. I was wondering if someone could take a look at the file, and see if there are any similarities? I attached a file.

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• gameclub.MDL
    346.6 KB · Views: 2
Which game does this file comes from?
MDL is kind of a "generic" file format, abbreviation of "model" I believe.
Valve games used this extension for its models : MDL (Source) - Valve Developer Community
Blizzard also used this extension.

However, despite the similar naming convention (MDL), those files do not have the same format.
Therefore, a MDL from Valve games cannot be open/edited by tools made for Blizzard game MDL.

Level 2
Which game does this file comes from?
MDL is kind of a "generic" file format, abbreviation of "model" I believe.
Valve games used this extension for its models : MDL (Source) - Valve Developer Community
Blizzard also used this extension.

However, despite the similar naming convention (MDL), those files do not have the same format.
Therefore, a MDL from Valve games cannot be open/edited by tools made for Blizzard game MDL.
That file is the game lobby. The company was called 2am, and they had several games in their 2am Game Club, their best game being Chain of Command. Thanks for the information.