• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maximum number of Doodads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Heya.

I was wondering,
is there a way to ignore the maximum number of doodads placeable in a map?
I'm making an RPG with good looking terrain with alot of pathing blockers and things like shrubs and stuff, but 5min ago I found out that the maximum number of doodads in a map is 6144, and I'm far from done with terraining and already over the 6144...

Level 4
No, but you can save lots of doodad space by making your own pathing blockers based on tle old ones, i usually make "fence blockers", in which i have simply changed the edited pathing blockers pathing texture to the one of a fence.

Level 19
Yeah I know it might make the loading time take longer, but not that much.
I tested this by removing all doodads from my map, saving and testing it. It didnt affect the loading time. The only thing that affected the loading time was removing all imported models. (Currently my map is 2.2kb and I think that's enough for the imports. I can spend the rest on doodads to make good terrain)

Thanks for the help,

I go dl WEU in JNGP

Status
Not open for further replies.