• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MARCH MULTIPLAYER INSTALLMENT RELEASE! Download now!

What do you think of the Demo?

• Not bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It not good.

• It the worst demo i play.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
REALM DESIGN PROUDLY PRESENTS

MISTY FOREST
Multiplayer Content

That's right, it's out! Misty Forest is the map we used for our old Multiplayer Demo, but man, it's pretty now! And chock-full of DoC goodies. John has been working day and night on this, and it's ready for your enjoyment!

Once you've downloaded both files, put the map in a new folder in your Warcraft III maps directory: Warcraft III/Maps/DoC/Multiplayer. Then activate the .exe, wherever you decide to put it. This will activate the Dawn of Chaos Warcraft III shell. Log onto Battle.net the way you usually would, and create a room - a private room, because nobody without this map AND THIS .EXE will be able to play. Make a match on this forum in the matchmaking thread beforehand, or get together with some friends. Don't make a public room and let people download the map, please - we don't need that sort of mess.

The host will be presented with options when the game begins. If he or she doesn't finish choosing before the timer runs out, the game will choose itself. After that, there's a brief timer before the game starts - and then, BANG! There you are.

Some notes on DoC gameplay (IMPORTANT):

ROADS
You need to build roads to build structures. You can only build a structure right next to a road. Roads are built from your Town Hall/Great Hall, not your Peasants/Peons. Read this over and over until you understand it. You can only place a tile of road next to an existing tile of road. You cannot place roads half-way, and you cannot place them on a diagonal. When you click the Road button on the Town Hall/Great Hall's Action Pane, your cursor will turn into the Road cursor, and you just point to a place next to an existing road, and click. You can do this more than once without having to press the button again, but there is a tiny cooldown period on the button, so if you try to hammer out a long road all at once, it might kick you out of the Road cursor and you'll have to click the button again.

WALLS
Walls are built at the Town Hall/Great Hall, in much the same manner as roads. They can only be built a certain distance from your structures - if you want your walls further out, you'll have to extend your town that way.

TOWN HALL/GREAT HALL
If your Town Hall/Great Hall is destroyed, you will need to rebuild it using the button on the wreckage's Action Pane. You can only have one Town Hall/Great Hall.

DESTROYING YOUR OWN BUILDINGS
Every building has a self-destruct button in its action pane. This is to allow you to correct a mistake made in your city planning - it's too easy for a novice to accidentally block off all his or her roads with buildings so that there's no room to build more roads.

FOOD CAP
The food cap is MUCH HIGHER in Dawn of Chaos than in Warcraft III, and all units only take up 1 Food. This allows for much larger armies. Be aware!

RESOURCES
Resources are measured in the hundreds, not in the tens. This is to match the original game.

PEASANTS/PEONS
Peasants and Peons cannot attack. This is to match the original game.

Some icons will be missing, as will some soundsets. Three buildings are in the original DoC style, but they don't stick out too badly.

That's about all I have to say! Get playing! I've opened up three new threads: one for bug reporting, one for comments/criticism, and one for matchmaking! Let's see some action!
Save replays so we can all enjoy your victories and defeats.

One last thing - if at first it doesn't seem to be working, keep trying. B.net can be finicky.

A copy of the readme is attached to this message. READ THE README.

Make sure you comment, report bugs, and find matches on the appropriate threads! This one should only be for gushing about the fact that we released something, and for asking questions.
Here the demo of dawn of chaos.Let help out the team because it a great mod and Archian is in the team.
So report some bug you find and feedback for this mod.Here the readme and i got perrmission to submit this.
If you don't feel like joining wc3c or going there report the bug here and feedback.
HERE IS THE DOWNLOAD
http://realmdesign.rampagingpolygons.com/Download/DoCMPV10.zip
To play read the readme will tell you how to play it

Attachments

• readme.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Level 8
For the reason it work but when i put it in quote the link doesn't work so to make it work.Ypu must copy and paste the link in the URL.

Level 8
By the way, I tried it but are you forced to play it multiplayer? Even if computer doesn't have AI, I just wanted to play to see how it is but it says I win everytime because there are no human opponents. What should I do?

Level 8
By the way, I tried it but are you forced to play it multiplayer? Even if computer doesn't have AI, I just wanted to play to see how it is but it says I win everytime because there are no human opponents. What should I do?

Go to battle net and find someone who has the doc exe and host the map private and play with your friend.

Level 8
That's the whole point of my post. Why i'm forced to play with a friend?

Even if I try with normal wc3 maps it would say the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.