• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

maps not working (for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Acctually I've registered just to ask this question. It may be silly to you but after hours and days spent in downloading maps and mods for call of duty, civilization4, warcraft3roc and tft I just snaped in configuring all the things in order to make it work. Dunno, maybe this is even the wrong section to ask this but then again, my brain is flat out...

Here's my problem:
I downloaded several maps from here, mosly they were RPG types, but I also downloaded some map packs from filefront. After doing that I unzipped the files and transfered them to tha maps directory

C:\My com..\Prog. files\warcraft3\FrozenThrone\scenarios

like I did with almost 99% of all maps I downloaded for other games, but, when I started and tryed to create a new game, I chose the map and setting I wanted and when I clicked [create game] the screen just paused for a second or two and then draw me back to the section where I can choose to join a game or be the host. With one map exeption... that one crashed the game :roll:

Maybe somebody could help me in finding the problem. Am I using too many maps? (there are some 40 aprox. new maps)
Or could it be the map packs don't work propperly?

Any ideas in solving this would be of help.

thx.

[EDIT]

P.S. btw, what's the last patch version for frozen throne? I have a patch labelled as 2.7 but I little bird told me the latest is 1.8. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.