• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map size larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
You can use Jass NewGen Pack.
Link: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=73936
The only problem is that it's not quite compatible with the current version of Wc3. I suggest a dual install for wc3. One for playing and one for the Editor. I'm pretty sure it works perfectly with 1.21b. Using it, you can go surpass any editor limits, like map bounds and doodad limits and it has a lot of pretty cool features. Anyway, I'm not sure why you would want to make a huge map. It'll just make it harder to run. But still, I hope I helped.

Level 15
You can use Jass NewGen Pack.
Link: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=73936
The only problem is that it's not quite compatible with the current version of Wc3. I suggest a dual install for wc3. One for playing and one for the Editor. I'm pretty sure it works perfectly with 1.21b. Using it, you can go surpass any editor limits, like map bounds and doodad limits and it has a lot of pretty cool features. Anyway, I'm not sure why you would want to make a huge map. It'll just make it harder to run. But still, I hope I helped.

Lol, that was amusing. 480x480 was achieved by NewGen, the OP is asking how to get higher then this. Also, NewGen works fine with 1.24... it's just some features of Grimoire work only for 1.21.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Make your own game...
WC3 is an old RTS game, its not designed to cope with huge maps. Large maps for MMORPGS and such use dynamic loading (loading only whats near you). Additionally RTS engines are not made to cope with life in huge maps.

I advise you just scale your map down to fit in 480*480. I would go futher and advise you to go to the standard large map size (even smaller) but that is not nescescary anymore as computers are so strong nowdays they can cope with 480*480 maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.