• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Protection

Level 4
Is there someone know what's going on the below site.

Recently i found that site and i used to protect my maps
by the way, "Go to App" page is not responding from yesterday.

maybe some of the site server is under maintenance?
It's very frustrating not being able to use it all of a sudden.

Level 8
Sorry for not answering the question but it made me curious, why protect your maps? I mean, in the end everything is owned by Blizzard and if someone wanted to upload your content to another place, they would just have to use the same application and change the author.

Level 4
Your question is a different type of question than I expected?
If anyone is officially interested in my map and wants to modify it or request it to be made public, I am willing to provide a map that is not under the project.

However, people who have put a lot of time and effort into making the map can understand. Of course, I have received a lot of help in implementing models and skills here, but final results created through map planning and scenario composition are clearly secondary creations.

In other words, it is up to the map maker to decide whether or not to publish the map.
Lastly, my personal opinion is that map makers are reluctant to allow sub-maps to exist in an unintended form.

Sorry for not answering the question but it made me curious, why protect your maps? I mean, in the end everything is owned by Blizzard and if someone wanted to upload your content to another place, they would just have to use the same application and change the author.

Level 11
Is there someone know what's going on the below site.

Recently i found that site and i used to protect my maps
by the way, "Go to App" page is not responding from yesterday.

maybe some of the site server is under maintenance?
It's very frustrating not being able to use it all of a sudden.

Maybe its related to the official Warcraft site giving some people (myself included) an error and not opening?

Hello The site is down today
1695034904065.png

What is happening?
Thanks for this awesome tool

Level 7
If you made your maps prior certain version of warcraft III and before lets say 2020, the new eula doesnt actually apply into it and intellectual properties belong to the author of the map.