• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Map Development Mini-Contest #1 [FINISHED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
+Rep sherpi!
The best one and idea by far!
Two suggestions,
1. Its too hard especialy when you reach the mortar men, i tried 5 times and could only kill like 3 of them.
2. Please change the birds soundset, when they die they make a very annoying noise and alot of them die quickly.
(7.5/10)

Level 2
+Rep sherpi!
The best one and idea by far!
Two suggestions,
1. Its too hard especialy when you reach the mortar men, i tried 5 times and could only kill like 3 of them.
2. Please change the birds soundset, when they die they make a very annoying noise and alot of them die quickly.
(7.5/10)

Thanks for the comment.
And thank you Mini-Me for clearing up my question.
1. Yeah, I planned the map to be pretty hard. During playtesting, I went with the philosophy, if the creeps can't make it to the bend before the last stretch, than the level was too easy. So far, I've only been able to 'balance' my map on my terms up to level 15, which right now is way too hard.
2. I don't know how to change the dying sounds. It is pretty annoying, but I don't know how to get rid of it unless I can remove the birds before their timer expires, which I really don't know how to do.
P.S. It gets even more annoying when you have even more birds and beetles in the mix!

Level 9
Sherpi,
Go into the unit data and change the sound set to none. That should do it...

The end of humanity has come!
Lucifer started his assalt into earth to build his new hell!

You control a strike force sent to hell in attemp of stoping theyr advance.
You can use since Marines, to Nuclear Weapons.

Sugestions are wellcome.

V3.0 updates:
- Command Centers and Outposts now increase the damage of nearby towers.
- Spell Tower have a new ability: Disease Aura.

Fixed Bugs:
- Stingers can attack Obsidian Statues.
- Mortar Teams no longer kills your own towers.
- Next enemy wave messages now appears if you dont kill all of them.

Changes:
- Freezethorwer damage increased from 1 to 3.
- Harpys(level3) hit points decreased from 12 to 10
- Lucifer(boss) hit points increased from 1000 to 2000
- Freeze(Magic Tower ability) slow rate increased from 60% to 90%
- Outpost gold cost increased from 30 to 50

I updated it again.
I fixed lots of bugs.
check it out gain.

Kixer: Be quick with your map! just 2 weeks left!

Attachments

• Doomsday TD 3.0.w3x
    48.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
I havn't played the new version,
but the first version of Doomsday TD was pretty good. The names were a little messed (frostlauncher) and there wasnt a round 15 but I realy enjoyed the rest of the map.
Keep up the good work...

My map (Stand of the Draenei) is comming along slowly but should be finished in time...

Two weeks meh!
The spells and systems contest #5 is closing on monday, I promised raging a preview of Pirate Tag AI by monday, I've got Java homework for monday.
And besides after seeing Overgrowth Td I've lost inspiration, it was just too origional and well done... Wait what am I doing on this forum? I have work to do!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 16
Lets try to avoid from spamming. Lets keep this topic on contest submissions and questions related to the contest.

The spells and systems contest #5 is closing on monday

Is it now? And I thought it closes in few hours... :p

Edit: i've cleaned up this thread a little. Btw hamham, try to keep your map in just one post :p. I deleted that other post of yours where you also had your map attached. Im assuming your recent post contains the newest version? If you update your map please edit that post.

Last edited:
Level 9
A little background on my map:
The fel orcs of outland have forged a demonic portal to the world of Azeroth, and they threaten its very existance. A young draenei has been sent to slow down their progress by erecting fortifications to prevent the orcs from entering Azeroth. In the mean time, Medivh is attempting to close the portal from the Azeroth side.
TD Type : Mazing

[offtopic]
My appologies for being spammy throught this thread.
@Mini-Me, damn your right... I thought it was the 13th...

Level 9
Desk,
Your map was easy,
your tooltips were all the same,
yours misile art was to big and last ages...
And that all i picked up on in the first two rounds that i played...

Level 5
Arthas Mini TD.

This game player combine rituals to create more powerful rituals. Obviously contest limited how this map turned out.

What I possibly add more is, more ways to upgrade existing towers etc.

Attachments

• Arthas Mini TD.w3x
    26 KB · Views: 61
Level 6
Well count me in, too. Let me see what i can do in this short time. My map will be called "1000 Choices", and it will contain many, many tower. Main focus on upgrades, so there will be mor upgrades than really new Towers. Well we will see how it turns out. Starting now!

Level 5
Protect the Dragons!

My entry, "The Blue Dragon" Is done. It's mostly units that do everything. Your builder is also your most powerful tower, with devour ability. It also allows you to hatch the unit that takes the longest to upgrade but ends up being your second strongest. Then you got the easiest to upgrade that you can mass, use for mazing, and generally loose in hordes. :thumbs_up: Enjoy! :infl_thumbs_up:

Attachments

• (1)TheBlueDragon.w3x
    37.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Level 40
For future contests, could you please reconsider the "no custom editors" rule?

-What harm is actually done by allowing custom editors?
-How else can you create variables of type region,itempool,unitpool,etc?
-They help make code tons more efficient (eg. vJass structs are WAY more efficient than handle vars, and can serve the same+more purpose(s))

Level 3
hey...

hey im back from being gone a LONG time, i need to quick finish my map, and hopefully submit it, also thanks to whoever called me "that guy with the murloc execution TD" i really take that to heart.:infl_thumbs_up:
i hope i can finish it.

Level 6
Had finale some time to get my hand ons the TD. Good Progess Tought 50% of the Towers are done, Levels are done completly. So i only need to create the rest fo the Towers, add some Trigger done XD. Sadly the Day has only 24 hours :/

Level 2
Overgrowth TD

Here's my final entry for the mapping contest.
If you've played the unfinished version you'll find that this version's a bit easier.
I've even added an easy mode option if you still find it too difficult, as well as added some tips that I found useful during playtesting.
Enjoy the map.
~sherpi

Attachments

• Overgrowth TD.w3x
    68.9 KB · Views: 60
Level 6
Well this all i could get in the time we got so I hope it's worth it. It's my TD Blazing Battle TD in which you must defend the Firelords volcano from the invading elementals. The purpose is like any TD hold out until the final boss. This TD has some unique towers like ones that effect the enemies around the builder instead of directly attacking. their is also the research type building where you can get upgrades for the firelord to learn spells.

Attachments

• Blazing Battle TD.w3x
    47.3 KB · Views: 110
Level 16
ABOUT 24 HOURS LEFT!

Do your last improvements to your entries now. Those who have yet to submit their entry, do it now. The contests closes as scheduled (23rd of August at 23.59 GMT).

Last edited:
Level 22
Here's mine. Fall of the Illidari. I could still use some fine-tuning, but I can do that when I have more time. I'll probably expand it when its no longer a contest entry. It has 5 different towers and 20 waves of enemies. I used an imported map preview to make the packaging look better, hence the larger file size.
-VGsatomi

Attachments

• (1)FallOfTheIllidari.w3x
    258.8 KB · Views: 73
Level 1
Brothership of the Node

Hi,
well...
two years passed since my last map of wc3...
some time, but now I tried again:

And I tried to put in as many background as I found, although I must say the two main-characters are not really what I expected them to be.
You will meet a novice on his way to fight against his own mind in order to become a higher member of a brotherhood. This brotherhood is build up on a new kind of magic that needs 100% control of your brain, of yourself...

There are only four towers (well, three actually, one is just support) but those interact with each other through improvements or orders.

But most fantastic (sorry, I must say so... this is my map) is the point-system (in my opinion). These are your lives, but you get them by playing, for each kill... but only if you killed near the exit.
So it is not only a goal to survive, but also to kill enemys as close to the end as possible...

But well, try yourself
,Dungla

Attachments

• NodeTD.w3x
    106.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Level 12
heres my submission to the contest.....

Spell TD

Every tower has a Spell or Skill, which they cast when enemies come close. Use the different Spells and Skills and build a solid defence to survive 20 Levels. Every tower has auto-cast, so no worries :p

Attachments

• TDMap.w3x
    49.1 KB · Views: 114
Level 40
Maybe a WIP, probably final (if I don't update it after dinner)

Here's a screenie:

StandoftheElements.jpg

EDIT: Update with just over an hour left, this is the final.

Attachments

• Stand of the Elements.w3x
    52 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Level 3
High Pass Hunting

Dear all, Think I've mucked up the deadline, thought it was saturday? (As I'm in Australia the time difference is a bit strange)

Anyway, here is as far as I got, HIgh Pass Hunting - What's a Bored Dwarf to do?

Have fun, and hope I made it in time. If not, I'd appreciate any comments and suggestions suggestions.

(P.S. it's a Beta, I was going to add in save/load codes so you can compare each run and your run with that of the observers - maybe later :) It's also probably unbalanced, is missing 4 weapontypes I was adding in, and the item descriptions are bugged)

Take care! Enjoy

(EDIT special thanks to PurplePoot for all the help with JASS, this is my first shared map and first JASS map)

Attachments

• HighPassHuntingBeta01.w3x
    90.7 KB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.