• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Manual Targeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
No true sight will cancel the effects of invis and allow auto acquire, thats the whole point of even having true sight. What i meant is to still have the invis effect of being un-acquirable, but with the unit will still look normal. But I don't think thats possible either.

Level 11
2 solutions for this:
1. Add the 'worker' classification to the unit
Con: When not moving, an idle worker icon will appear.
2. Cast a dummy ability on the unit that disables the attack function. (I can't remember clearly, but maybe it's one of the Panda's abilities)
Con: It cannot attack until the effect is gone...

Level 8
There is an event that triggers when a unit auto aquires a unit.

Not that I can find, anyways

Yea, if I'm not mistaken the event is "A unit acquires a target," so that would fire even if the unit was ordered to attack.

EDIT: Hey, a couple of ideas:
1. Though it wouldn't work exactly how you wanted, you could make the unit a ward and it would not be auto-targetted when there were other units around. However, you couldn't use abils with it or do some other things.
2. What about mechanical critter ability? I think it does something like what you wanted....

Last edited:
Level 40
I don't get it o_O. By the way, if you mean grammar, the grammar was fine, far as I can tell. (cept for the lack of a period)

So what, use jass to loop through all units and add it to them, yes leaking may be a trouble but hay it will work.
Or make individual triggers per unit, and store them in a gamecache ++ detect when the unit dies. However, are you sure A Unit Acquires a Target doesn't fire on manual orders as well?

Level 8
I don't get it o_O. By the way, if you mean grammar, the grammar was fine, far as I can tell. (cept for the lack of a period)

Or make individual triggers per unit, and store them in a gamecache ++ detect when the unit dies. However, are you sure A Unit Acquires a Target doesn't fire on manual orders as well?

Well, pask was referring to the double negative, but that could be considered an intentional use either to add emphasis or to enhance one's writing style.

Concerning the event, I thought it fired on manual orders too, but I checked it just barely and it does not. Bravo, Dotore...

Level 6
Hey, i got an idea how bout i set player 8 (owner of the un-target able unit) as a ally to player 1 (The human player). But set player 1 as enemy to player 8.

Level 11
Oh, man.. Don't take that as a bad thing! I wasn't criticising your english, i know that you're good..
Nothing with the grammar, it's just funny, you have to read it 3-4 times (at least for me) to understand, that's all.
Sry if you meant that as an insult, I didn't mean to...

Level 40
I didn't think it was an insult, and I personally can't care too much about my grammar ><. I was just responding to Dalaran

Blaze -- is Player 8 a computer or something? And if not, they would show up as allies (so a human would have to manually use Attack, couldn't rightclick), and would affect all the units. Otherwise, it would work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.