• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Making units search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello can someone help ?

i need these things
1. Making units spawn in a area
2. Making units search for a hero/enemy unit
3. Making searching units attack the hero/enemy unit
4. Spawn more units and do the same

if it is possible in trigger, and no variables(not mine fav to use but if needed i will use them) and the units are Neutral Hostile so if you could help me with this i would appreciate it much.

Please don't come with the comments : Its so easy a donkey could do it, or go back to school and learn something.

Help me i have searched and searched i am desperate :cry:

Level 3
this should get you started
  • Create Units
    • Events
      • Time - Every 20.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Neutral Hostile at (Center of No region) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack-Move To (Random point in (Playable map area))
  • Move Units
    • Events
      • Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Footman)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To (Random point in (Playable map area))

Last edited:
Level 2
Yes it helped me alot but it only lets the last created unit attack and i am making waves so there will me fore units involved, like 30 or 40 units

Level 3
Updated my above trigger, try that, changing the from 1 to 10 to from 1 to however many spawns you want

Level 2
Here is how I'd go about doing it...

Pick All Unit of Type HERO And Do Actions
- add unit to group (make a variable for AllHeroes, as type Unit Group)

- Pick All Unit Types of (Your Units) And Do Actions
Unit - Issue Order To Attack (RandomTarget in AllHeroes (the group variable) )

then clear the leaks.

Level 2
well they are not mine fav to use and its not like that big problem to have some leaks
because it isn't for a big map, but i can use them but i have to have someone to tell me how i must make them exactly like if it needs arrav or something like that

[EDIT] i have --- for spawn
  • spawn
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 120.00 seconds
      • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: Test wave : 30units
      • Unit - Create 10 Weak Zombie for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 001 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 10 Weak Zombie for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 002 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 10 Weak Zombie for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 30.00 seconds
      • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: New Wave #1
      • Unit - Create 20 Weak Zombie for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 20 Weak Zombie for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 001 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 20 Weak Zombie for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 002 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 25.00 seconds
      • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: New wave #2
      • Unit - Create 25 Weak Zombie for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 25 Weak Zombie for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 001 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 5 Grown Zombie for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 002 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 25 Weak Zombie for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 002 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
And ---- as attack but when i have so many units they wont move
  • Spawn attack1
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Neutral Hostile) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit Group - Order (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Neutral Hostile) to Attack (Random unit from (Units in (Playable map area)))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.