• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Making The Food Panel Display something other than the Food usage / limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hey there guys!

I have a bit of a problem with my altered melee map...
I want to replace the entire FOOD display with a GOLD display, that is, I want to remove the text showing the amount of food (units you can support) and food usage, and replace it with 1 set of numbers, for Gold. :hohum:

I also want to change all the info displays that pop up (description up top and down by the unit control panel) so that they say what the gold panel would usually say.

The reason i want to do this, is because i have replaced the resource GOLD with STONE, and left Lumber as it is, in the hope to add a whole new resource to the game. I have managed to remove the Upkeep with custom text, but I have no idea how to make food work, and I have tried everything :cry:

Please see if you can help me, I'm really desperate XD :thumbs_up: :cool:

:pal:Hellblazer-14:pal:

Level 28
uh go to gameplay constants and search first under icon for the respective gold icon. if you want, you can also remove the text which is shown if you hover over the gold amount you own, you know what i mean ^^
if my we would be englich, i could tell you what yu have to change but it's not so i only can give tips :(

Nope. You can't. If you want the food panel act as a resource, you'll have to make it with heavy triggering. Good part is that the purchasing units will have also the food cost shown too, but the bad parts are that you're limited with resource and inability to remove that second number displaying max number of the resource/food. I'll try to do something like this in my map, I may contact you, if I'll be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.