• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making Campaign, need opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello people, I want to hear your opinions on whether my my campaign idea would work or not. The concept is for the campaign to be a co-op campaign, meaning more than just 1 person can play and each player will control their own hero.

As the story grows I will probably make polls and ask gamers how they would like to see the sequel. For example, Character B might have a decision in a mission and can choose to join the bad guys or fight against them. Both ways can be played out but the sequel will only follow one of the two paths.

Also, each player will be seeing his/her own character/group's storyline. Meaning, if you want to see the full storyline of another character, you will most likely have to play the map over again and play as that character.

Right now I am making the map that introduces the storyline, it's in the early stages so it will take a while before I start hosting any betas.

Comments?

Level 21
Even a better idea: after ending the mission you receive a savecode which can be used in the next mission to load what you've done previously (how you finished a quest, what your reputation in a certain faction is, ...) (and based on that will generate a different mission)...

I can help you make the savecode if you wish...

Level 4
Wow, that is a pretty good idea. I probably am going to need help in the project since I am going to be moving in about a week so I probably won't have much time to work on it. Right now I just barely finished making the Human CPU base. If you guys want to help with the project you can reach me via MSN messenger or Ventrilo, just pm if you're interested and I'll give you details.

Status
Not open for further replies.