• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Making an ability work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys! I would like to ask the way to make this ability: if let's say I click an ability, the ability would channel and then cast a global effect. For example, flame strike at random positions of the whole map. However, this effect would only last for a few seconds.

Any help is appreciated, but preferably via GUI!

Level 5
you want the ability channeling by itself or the caster channel it?

or you want the ability channeled then at the end if the channel time
it make some effect
like epicenter in dota?

Level 2
Uh it is like the unit has finished casting the spell then the spell activates. The spells do damage units affected.

Edit: It is not like epicentre. It is like creating random bombardment that deals damage on the map.

Edit: It is not like epicentre. It is like creating random bombardment that deals damage on the map.

AngkySaputra was talking about how it is channeled, not how it functions.
This was his question. Was it channeling and the effect activates at the end of the channel or does the effect stop if the caster stopped channeling?

Level 2
It is at the end of channel. I know that using taunt ability can create that end of channel effect but as for the damage part, it doesn't seem to work.

Level 5
Make a channeling ability based on non targetting channeling spell like tranquility or channel
and give a buff to the caster
then
A unit starts channeling an ability
Wait for the channeling time like 4 seconds or whatever time you like
Then check if the casting unit has spesific buff
If true then pick some random points of the map then damage and create special effect for your bombardment thingy

Level 2
Thanks for helping me out! But I would like to ask how to make this spell work once every like 5 mins? I mean for all players. E.g. a player casts the spell and all other players, including the caster, will also have the cool down for that spell.

Edit: It is like dota's glyph.

Status
Not open for further replies.