• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Making a spell MPI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello guys, thanks for reading this post, i wanted to ask you how to make a spell MPI (multi player instansable) without any hashtables.

It is probably indexing, so can you teach me how to index not to make a spell MUI, but at least MPI.

And yes, i have searched The Hive for tutorials and i only found hashtables <.<

Any help is required, i would like you to give me a testmap on how to make a spell MPI, because theory doesn't really affect me.

Tiche3

Level 33
MPI and MUI
What's the difference ?
I mean, if the spell is already MUI, other unit/player can cast it at the same time as well, right ?
I mean, 2 units at the same time casting a spell of the same type, but 2 different Player Group
That is already considered as MUI/MPI, am I right ?
As far as I know, SYSTEM trigger uses MPI-type trigger, spell system doesn't use it, right ?

Level 20
MUI is always better,a spell/system that is MUI cannot be non-MPI (it can,actually,if you do it intentionally). Also it's obviously better to have something working for each unit rather than to work only for 1 unit for each player or only for a player.
For spells,there should be a term like SUMI (Same-unit-multi-instancing) - meaning single unit can cast a spell multiple times before the previous effect finishes (In case spell effect isn't instant).

Status
Not open for further replies.