• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make Upgrades of each player, increase damage/speed of one neutral building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello !
I've went through all the upgrades threads and help that I could find but I couldn't manage to create what I had in mind
I'm a beginner on WE also.

I'm currently creating a TD where there is a building ("Home Base") on the last waypoint and I want it to be upgraded.
I created one upgrade for the attack and another for the attack speed and assignated them to the main buildings of the players (Each player have an "home" where they can spawn a peasant for lumber and use the lumber on the upgrades)

But it doesn't apply to the "Home Base".
I've specified in the object editor that it uses the upgrade i've created
And through testing i've noticed that if I put the Home Base in color Red, the upgrades ONLY from Red works

Is there a way to make that upgrades from all color works on this building ?

Level 19
You could do it like this. Make the home base sell a unit or power up item instead.

A unit sells a unit
Triggering unit = Home Base
Sold unit = speed
Set research level of Speed for (Owner of unit (Buying unit)) to 1

Or whichever way you want it.

There would have to be a condition that returns resources if upgrade is already researched.

I probably totally got what you said wrong but I find it a bit hard to graps exactly what you mean.

Is it that the home base is a Neutral Building? Then ofcourse it wont get upgrades from the other players.

A unit finishes a research
Research = Speed
Set research level of speed for Player Neutral to 1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.