• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make units spin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I tried to trigger something like the blademasters ultimate where he is spinning around but I failed at making the caster spin very fast

I tried:
-make unit face angle/point
-move unit to position of unit and facing angle/point (instantly) (where of cause the moving stuff and not the turning stuff is instantly -.-')
-change turn rate
-pause/unpause unit
-hide unit and replace with unit of same type (which actually worked but caused lots of lag)
-adding a spellbook with root
-and some other stuff I forgot

nothing made the unit turn faster then usual

any ideas?
thanks in advance
any1 giving a good answer will get +rep :grin:

Level 19
Make it 0.01 game-time, with +7 (the real). How fast damn it? it can't go faster than that :p

it is very slow check it out yourself

any speed much above 10 makes the unit lag btw

this means the unit wont be able to turn faster then a certain limit and I am looking for some way to break that limit

Attachments

• spin.w3m
    16.2 KB · Views: 105
Level 4
Make a dummy unit. Same model as your hero. Transparancy 25%. Make it mimic it's rotation with half a second 'lag'. It'll give the illusion of blurring speed; making it seemingly go faster than it actually is.

Yep, that works, I already tried it xD I just couldn't resist to see that in action XD with that and some kind of effect like the blademaster, it looks awesome xD

Level 3
For some reason the "turn" isn't instant like the movement, it depends on a unit's Movement - Turn Rate
I concluded this while learning WE some good time ago.

(Right? >_<')

GreyArchon's idea was excellent though

Status
Not open for further replies.