• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make ability not deactivate invisibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks.

I have an ability based on Channel which acts as a target locker.
When the ability is used on a target, that target is locked for the casting unit and will automatically be hit when the casting unit cast new abilities.

But as you know.
When an ability, whether or not it does the target harm, will deactivate invisibility/wind walk and make the target attack.

Now. Is there a way to "disable" the deactivation/making the target attack, when this target lock ability is used?

Level 11
Base it off a friendly ability instead of channel. IIRC any ability that is normally an ally-targeted one won't draw aggro even if you make it enemy-targeted.

But I still face the problem with targets attack (or turn hostile) when the ability is used on them.
Since the ability merely acts as a pointer the target should not change behavior.
Can I prevent this?
That's not too much of a problem, because busy units just ignore it and units with stop just run away for a few range. I wouldn't call those as behavior changes.

Base it off a friendly ability instead of channel. IIRC any ability that is normally an ally-targeted one won't draw aggro even if you make it enemy-targeted.

Cool. I hope this will work :)

That's not too much of a problem, because busy units just ignore it and units with stop just run away for a few range. I wouldn't call those as behavior changes.

The ability does nothing but apply a buff to indicate that that unit is the currently locked target. So the targeted unit will never "flee" those few meters.
It will, however, attack if the casting unit is close enough (but still out of the targets acquisition range).

Status
Not open for further replies.