• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Magic sentry doesn't show on campaign towers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have Dalaran tower, death tower and sky-fury tower -based buildings that have magic sentry, but the effect doesn't show overhead?
I have checked the model does it have overhead attachment and it has.
Checked if the required upgrade and ability are set - they are set.

EDIT: testing showed that:
- If i have the towers upgraded before I research magic sentry, and then research it, the effect shows overhead
- If i first research magic sentry and then upgrade the towers there is no effect overhead

What I tried:
  • Upgrade Magic Sentry
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes research
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Magic Sentry
    • Actions
      • Set ResearchedMagicSentry[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = True
  • Force add magic sentry to other towers
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Death Tower
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Sky-Fury Tower
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Cold Tower
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ResearchedMagicSentry[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\MagicSentry\MagicSentryCaster.mdl
        • Else - Actions
^^^^ but when the tower is destroyed the attachment stays there until the decay is finished. And I don't want to deal with enumerating systems to remove the effect on time!

Does anyone have an idea what's going on?

Last edited:
Level 21
works out of the box for me hmmmm

make a new map just to test if it works there, maybe check if your patch data in the editor is set to latest

Status
Not open for further replies.