• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lordaeron Summer

Level 36
My first terrain! In a very long time. Wanted to see what I could do with standard doodads only and the good ol' default tileset.

I'm having a hard time getting fog to display on terrain in the editor. Anyone else have that problem?

Attachments

• LordaeronSummer.png
    LordaeronSummer.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 104
Level 36
Yes, the fog problem is, sadly, a thing.

I've been working around it pretty much the same way as it seems you have: By using over-scaled rocks way in the background to mimic mountains.

Speaking of mountains, I think this terrain could do with another layer or two of those in the distance, just to give it some depth of field. Also, the foreground looks a bit spammy with all them grassy shrubs in the middle of the path, why not try to make a trail going through the forest? Could be cool.

Otherwise it's pretty neat! It's an absolute pleasure to see you back in the game :)