• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Lord Of The Rings Tower Defense ~ Brad.Dude03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Development Team Members:
Brad.Dude03, The Hive volunteers that will help me fix up this map (I'll get to that later)

Alpha: An alpha form can be found here: http://forums.hiveworkshop.com/showthread.php?t=6869

Summary: Tired of seeing all of the crappy Lord Of The Rings Mauls floating around, I set out to create a tower defense that might actually be good. I've read every work by J.R.R Tolkien a thousand times over, so I decided to create a TD based on that knowledge.

Features: I intend to create a game with 33 levels (in the beta, more to be added later) and 14 races, including those from LOTR and The Silmarillion. There will be 2 bonus races (valar and Maiar) which will be attainable by wood (1 piece of wood every [enter # here] kills. Obviously since Valar are more powerful they require 2 wood and maiar only require one (the other races use up food). Complete with custom sounds, icons, skins and models, it will be a nice looking map when its done. Playable up to 9 players, everyone (except grey) has a spawn, but then green and pink both have 2 spawns that head directly for grey, so the grey in the game shouldn't get bored or whine about lack of kills or gold.

Progress: The map is not quite in beta yet, mainly because I am having some problems with some triggers, and i'm waiting on those to be fixed before I start work on the final piece, the races.

Misc: Since the map is attatched, anyone who would open it up and get the triggers into a working state would be mentioned in the loading screen, the quests and the credits etc etc if they fixed it up for me.

Kthnx

Level 36
Shados you don't know how great that would be for me. I've got a lot of crap going on and I have no patience for these triggers anymore. If you could just fix it up into a working state for me it would be great, I need to know for sure because after the triggers are done I will begin on the races, so I need your input before I start the final stage of the Td which is te races. Anyway thanks a million man

Level 36
haha, thanks a lot Shados! Ands i'm glad you think so, I mean I do enjoy doing triggers, but trying to get these ones to work just gets annoying after a while ;) The object data is the final part (and of course the most tedious/boring) but I'm adding a bunch of custom content for the units so its slightly less boring. Anyway. if you have it done by the end of the week...well....yay! lol I'll be able to have all of the object data maybe done by the end of august! Thats 14 races worth remember. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.