• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Looking for Feedback for my icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZIR

ZIR

Level 10
After a long time i decided to come back to drawing icons and now im looking for some feedback. I would appreciate every feedback you could give to me.
Here is my first icon:

Attachments

• Gold Sword.jpg
    Gold Sword.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 134
  • BTNGold Sword.blp
    4.3 KB · Views: 55
  • DISBTNGold Sword.blp
    2.3 KB · Views: 97
It's a nice icon. I would say that :
-the yellow background and the yellow of the hilt should be more distinct (or even change the background's theme color),
-the "sword" is a bit unclean in my opinion,
-the name doesn't fit really with the icon (I have problems with finding names too ^^),
-the borders are missing in your picture but since they are in the dl links, it's fine,

-the style and the shape of the weapon are good,
-the colors of the weapon are well chosed even if you could add some more variation in the grey of the blade.

Note that I'm a pure amateur and I can have wrote some nonsense for an expert but that's my feedback :goblin_good_job:.

Level 25
The sword itself, well yeah, more like a dagger actually. Anyway, that is not particulary relevant.
It doesn't look so sharp, you should do some harder highlights to make it more "shiny".
The background overlaps the whole icon/concept too much, it is just random yellow blobs all over the place, you should rather than that create some nice, magical glow instead.
The handle looks allright, could need harder shading/highlighting. Right now it looks kind of soft, something between jelly and silicon. Make it more solid/wodden.
Thats what I can say I think. But the overall look of the icon is nice, just some work on it and it'll be just as good as any :)

ZIR

ZIR

Level 10
Okay will work on it here is my next icon.
I tried to follow your advices.
I think the blade looks nice but I don't like the wooden handle of the scythe does anyone knows a tutorial about drawing wood. I know that there is one in the tutorial section but I couldn't find it.

Attachments

• BTNScythe.blp
    5.2 KB · Views: 50
  • DISBTNScythe.blp
    2.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Scythe.jpg
    Scythe.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 108
Status
Not open for further replies.