• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lock Body-part to Unit/Point PROBLEM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi guys,
I've been working on an animation and I saw that my trigger Lock Body-Part in Animation category isn't working,
  • Animation - Lock Naruto Shippuuden 0993 <gen>'s Head to face Sasuke Shippuuden 0395 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00, 90.00)
WHENEVER I change unit's position , The body-part's unit isn't having his head turned ..

EDIIT : THERE WAS A WRONG LINE !!!.

Last edited:
Huh? Wrong line, based on what you said.
Lock Body-Part
Camera - Lock camera target for Player 2 (Blue) to Naruto Shippuden 0407 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using The unit's rotation
There was a note that it doesn't work if the unit is moving. Use SetUnitX/Y.

Level 13
Periodically set it, so resets after being moved?

I would love to test it myself, but I don't see that action in my WE. I'm only looking in vanilla right now though.
These are the only Locks- I see.

• Animation - Lock Paladin 0000 <gen>'s Head to face Blood Mage 0001 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00, 90.00)
  • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to (Triggering unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
  • Camera - Lock camera orientation for Player 1 (Red) to (Triggering unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00)
It's possible this action your using is not that robust and is unable to detect when a unit moves instantly, I would try what wraithon said, potentially it could work, if not you'll just need to periodically set it, which definitely would be easy if you're using preplaced units.

Level 15
Periodically set it, so resets after being moved?

I would love to test it myself, but I don't see that action in my WE. I'm only looking in vanilla right now though.
These are the only Locks- I see.

• Animation - Lock Paladin 0000 <gen>'s Head to face Blood Mage 0001 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00, 90.00)
  • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to (Triggering unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
  • Camera - Lock camera orientation for Player 1 (Red) to (Triggering unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00)
It's possible this action your using is not that robust and is unable to detect when a unit moves instantly, I would try what wraithon said, potentially it could work, if not you'll just need to periodically set it, which definitely would be easy if you're using preplaced units.

Aw dafuq that is it

Status
Not open for further replies.