• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Little things to make your victory chances better

Status
Not open for further replies.
So those are not classic suggestions, they are little details that can make you a bit stronger or enemy weaker. Share any idea you have, let me start.
1. Dont waste time: after you die instantly buy items, dont watch your frends, dont go to facebook, because you lose time you lose exp and gold that have many side effects. For excample u didnt buy items when you were dead then bought them when you respawned losing 5 to 10 seconds, in that time you lost 3 minions, frendly champion is killed and turret destroyed. Now enemy team is in advance. This thing is realy important, even that it doesnt look so.
2. Chating- never communicate with enemies, but if u do try to make them angry, and that can make them lose time and focus making mistakes that the usualy they wont make. If you answer to their messages that sound like "noob, idiot" and such u made mistake, becase they want to make you hammerd, to make you lose will to play and start to argue.
3. Dominion champion pick- dominion is mod where specific champio are better than others, good champions are one who can move fast or have spells over entire map, for excample draven kartus, kassadin, temmo. For me i think morgana suck, but garen is much better.

Add your ideas and tell what you think of my

Level 17
-Don't face check into bushes. Just don't do it. I've seen so many idiots die (especially to those early game invades) because they blindly face check into a bush where they have no vision. Either go in with your team, place a ward down or cast an ability if you feel an area is threatened. A lot of champions have abilities that reveal terrain when cast, or make a sound/effect when they hit an enemy.

-When you're level 1 and the creeps haven't spawned yet, don't pick an ability just yet. Why? If you get caught by the enemy team or ganked early and you don't have the right skill you may fuck yourself over. An example; I was playing Vladimir top and I ran over to guard my jungle's red as he was doing blue. The enemy team was waiting for me. I did not skill my Transfusion skill (as the usual start for Vlad goes) and instead quickly picked up my Sanguine Pool and cast it to avoid getting CC'd. If I had taken Transfusion, I would have been obliterated.

-It is not your jungle's fault you're losing your lane. Stop blaming him and start warding.

-On the subject of warding, it is not only the support's role to ward. Buy wards for your lane. If you need wards, buy them throughout the game. Warding is not a support exclusive task. If you notice your map has no vision and your choice of action is to whine to your support, smarten the fuck up or stay in bronze.

-Know when to punish your enemy for roaming. If you're laning and you notice your enemy is gone/roaming, push your lane. Don't last hit. Force them to either return to defend their tower or lose it.

-Don't underestimate or 'laugh' at unorthodox lanes or champions. Urgot mid is really powerful and he will make many AP casters his bitch and zone them. Tristana mid is not a joke, she has mobility and incredible burst. Easy to deal with, but don't let your guard down. Point is that it's often best to always have your A game on.

There's a lot of other tidbits that I'm surprised a lot of players don't appreciate more. I'll post some more when I think of them.

Bruisers dominate 3v3's though. Darius, Riven, Renekton and the like are all 3v3 kings. If you're looking to do well in ranked 3v3 you should pick up a decent bruiser and practice that.
yep that is what i wanted to say.
For me it is much easies to win with lee seen and rengar than with ashe or draven

Level 18
Yes we play frequently 3v3 (gold season 2 and max silver 1 and then we couldn't do more because of our IRL time :s) and you need cc.

A challenger made a tier list that i more or less approve which contains tryn,kayle,darius in god tier. After i don't remember the others :/

Level 18
never communicate with enemies, but if u do try to make them angry

Really, though, don't try to make them angry. This is a game and you wouldn't want to get chat flooded in the hopes of making you angry. Don't do that to others than.

Actually, controlling the rage Moba games generate will help you play a lot better. You won't fall to cheap tricks such as above and you won't go into a massive rage over a support last hitting an enemy minion or champion. Times and again I see a team fail because someone supposedly stole someone else's kill - resulting in the team member who the kill was "stolen from" to start playing against their team.

Although this may only happen to me because I'm relatively new to League and get paired with people who are new to Mobas in general.

Level 14
When your red/blue buff comes up, it's a good idea to shove your lane. The reason is, in case of an invade, you can fall back and help defend, while your lane enemy will have to choose between missing farm or not helping on the invade.

Level 7
Also keep timers of objectives.
Baron Nashor spawns after 7minutes
Dragon spawns after 6 minutes
Ancient Golem and Lizard elder after 5 minutes.
These are important for any jungler to counter jungle/be prepared for baron/dragon attempts

Level 15
Alright, some gold-plat level tips:

-Use quick-cast or quick+self-cast (earlier called smart cast) - you can enable it in the options menu, and makes you skill combos way faster since there is no need to click. Combo burst champions, such as LeBlanc, are pretty much useless without this.

-Learn to learn skills through the CTRL+[Q,W,E,R] hotkey combo - this will make it possible to quickly level up your skills and sometimes even save you. Also nice if you still have your 1st skill point and you need to escape a blitz pull or something like that.

-Get wards. Unless you are the AD Carry (who usually has to concentrate every penny on his gear to become viable by the time of teamfights), you should always ward. As the jungler, always buy a Vision Ward if/when you have 100-300 gold left, so you can clear enemy wards and prepare a lane for a gank.

-Don't flame - it will decrease both your and your team's efficiency.

-Be active in the Champion Selection chat - so many people are there looking at their Facebook page while everyone is picking, even though they could hold a quick tactical meeting.

-Don't flame a build you are unfamiliar with. Maybe I just started out as Nocturne with AS boots, Lizard Elder and Youmuu, but in the end, I will be the one to get a quadra kill (it happened).

-Don't let Nasus/Veigar/<insert time-scaling champion's name here> freefarm. Usually both of them are countered, or maybe one of them counters his lane - get the jungler to camp him. I've seen so many games lost because the 200+ CS Nasus joins the fights. Also, against these champions, don't overpush your lane, since that means free farming time for them.

-Don't pick a global ultimate champion if you yourself have no global awareness. If you take Shen and you can't use your ultimate properly, you would be better playing Irelia.

-If your ultimate has <=90s cooldown, burn it on every engage right when you can tell it's not a feint. There is just no reason to wait with it. You using it up too late will be more likely a problem than using it too early.

-Let the tank engage. Seriously...

-After roughly 40 minutes, all you have to do is peel for your AD carry, which means your only job is to stop the enemies from fully engaging him. The only exception is if you are an assassin - then go and take out that Graves if you can!

-If you see me around, force me to take mid with Talon or LeBlanc. Your chances would be doubled (lol)

Last edited:
Level 1
A lot of players rage or give up or lose interest in the current match because of feeding teammates or totally noob teams, and later lose interest in the game when they have a losing streak... Why? Because their only focus is on winning! The point of playing random blind pick games etc. is not to necessarily win... It is to improve your own skill and gain IP and XP (if you not lvl 30 yet) so you can buy runes and so on, which you can then use to help in Rank matches where winning actually IS a big deal! So if your team is noob and feeding and you lost a non-rank match, chill the hell out man... Keep playing to improve yourself, not to prove to other players that you're good for having over 1000 wins... In the end, learning from your teams mistakes from lost matches is what's going to make you a better player and teammate!

Level 2
The thing which has had the biggest impact on my win/loss in League of Legends is simple this:
Turn that frown upside down!

If you can be funny and try and make your team laugh and enjoy themselves there is a higher chance of success.

On the same note if you stroke the ego of the troll and say something like, "I bet your amazing at support really" they love it and tend to play normal as opposed to running into towers lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.