• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

List of Requests :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello Members of the Hive!

I have a few requests ranging from small to medium. If you think you can do one for me that would be amazing and I will give you much credit in my map. My map is a Orpg (Link below). And There are just a few things I need so that I can finish it up!

First up: A Easy Quest Addition System. I have made one in GUI using a GUI stack, but I think its time for it to move onto Jass or vJass! So for my first Request was if someone would please make a Jass version of it but keeping the same kind of layout.

The system should allow me to set a quest type:
Kill Quest - Kill a certain amount of units, complete each of the required amount for each unit type.

Item Quest - Collect a certain amount of Items " "

Travel Quest - Travel to a unit
Trigger Quest - Quest where a Region is involved, where you can set if its a unit death event/Item use/or Unit Enter event to trigger it and then set what type of response, A Friendly Unit Creation/Item/or Enemy Unit with each of those for what you chose for it to be: Friendly Unit -> leads to travel quest Item -> leads to item quest Enemy -> leads to kill quest.

Chain Quest - Using the quests above be able to create a Story. After one is finished it and you turn it in you get the next step by two options: Travel, or with the unit you turned it in at.
Pending on what type there is I need to be able to set:
Quest Unit
Quest Travel Unit (Travel Quest)
Gold Reward
Lumber Reward
Exp Reward
Quest Unit Amount - To set how many different units need to be killed for a Kill quest
Quest Kill string - the string to show when you kill the unit type above
Quest Kill complete stringe - The string that is shown when you have killed all the amount required for that unit.
Quest Kill Amount - The amount needed to complete for that Unit

The same is with items

Quest Travel Reqion (Trigger Quest)

Quest Travel Type - Explained above

Quest Event Type - Explained Above

Quest Intro String - String showed when accepting a questQuest Complete - String shown when finishing a quest

Quest Item Bool - If there are item rewards then set to true if not set false and the variable below won't matter
Quest Item Reward - a Unit. That you set in the object editor to be created once a quest is finished, and you get to select a item from a select few. The unit is invis so there must be a re select trigger.
Now for the quests, To accept a quest you buy the "Enquire Quest" unit from a unit with a ! above their head. Then a small transmission comes on and after a dialog comes up asking Accept or Decline. After accepted a ? goes on top of its head (for travel quests a ! goes over the targets head, and a ? still goes over the quest givers head)

Quest updates are shown like so:

Quest Update! (Green)
- [Quest Name] (DarkOrange)
- Quest Info / (Quest String)or(Quest Complete String) (White)
- Return to ____ (Gray and transparent slightly at first, but when the quest is complete changes to white)

Quests are based on your hero's level. So when a hero gets to a certain level if a quest is the right level, then the quest becomes available. A ! comes over its head and a message comes up:
- Quest unit has a Quest for you!

Thats all I can think of right now for that request. I will post the rest in a bit.

Level 11
I don't know what your talking about. There is only one thing on that list right now.

I am just going to add more things after each one gets completed so I don't have to be making more threads.

The only thing up there is the system I need made...

Level 11
No... It's a list. You want a library that contains all that? Thats a freaking huge job, not simple. Atleast 2 core systems for them, and then all the functions to call them. Sorry, but your wrong.

No your wrong, I'm sorry. There is no List of Requests yet. There is ONE request with a lot of description on what I want for it. Ok it may be a big job but that is why I'm asking if som1 could make it for me!

Now please stop these off topic posts... I really need this System and There will be massive credit in my map if som1 does it!

Just Please!

Level 2
man, isn't bumping and requesting more than one thing in a row of posts against the rules? you should read it. i wanted to request 3 things myself in my thread, but i could just request one. don't be so selfish and stop bumping your own post.

Level 11
Holy shit. This is a single fucking request! I was going to post more after each one got finished! THERE IS ONLY ONE REQUEST UP THERE RIGHT NOW! ITS ONLY THE QUEST SYSTEM I NEED AND THE DESCRIPTION ON WHAT I WANT FOR IT!!!
You guys need to stop posting off topic posts in my thread.

Level 18
And you should take care of what you say. We are not here to give you all what you ask for. Please at least try to be polite, avoid caps lock and double posting.

Level 11
This is why I don't ever post on Hive, everyone thinks they are a moderator, and no i'm not double posting, i'm bumpin my thread, it has been over 24 hours between each post.

Now, stop off topic posts, and maybe try to help me? For fucks sake.

I swear one more off topic post i'm going to snap

Level 18
I dont think I'm a mod. I told you this because those rules are there to maintain calm and avoid flood on the forum.
You have to wait 48h between two posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.