• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Line of Sight Blocker Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey, so I'm remaking a terrain for my map using only height variation. I'm replacing my cliffs(WC cliff) with height-variated hills but I also want it to be a strategic factor. So I still want players on lower ground to not have vision above the cliff and players above ground to have vision of lower ground. I had Line of Sight Blockers for the cliffs, but it turns out that even the players above the ground can't see past it; I tried making to Occlusion Height for the blockers = 1.00 but still doesn't work. Is there a way to do this?

The image attached shows what I want, and how it would usually be if I used normal cliffs. In the image, the yellow dot is on higher ground, able to see the green dot. The green dot is on lower ground so cannot see past the selected line of sight blockers. (I was bored) However, the yellow dot does not see over the line of sight blockers even on higher height (only the 4 selected blocks are line of sight blockers).

Attachments

• LineOfSightBlocker.jpg
    LineOfSightBlocker.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Level 19
imho the occlusion height of TREES (dunno about line of sight blockers) says how much of the vision shall be blocked, e.g. a unit with 1k sight range and a tree which has 200 occlusion height makes the unit see 0.8k far

so it probably only works with destructibles or line of sight blockers block everything due to some secret coding blizzard does not want us to know

or something else

Status
Not open for further replies.