• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Lightning effect won't die!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
  • mana Copy
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local lightning udg_t
      • Set i[1] = (Units of type Well)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in i[1] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set j[1] = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Set k[1] = (Picked unit)
          • Set i[2] = (Units within 700.00 of j[1] matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to (Owner of k[1])) and ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Irrigator)))
          • Set i[3] = (Units within 700.00 of j[1] matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to (Owner of k[1])) and ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Water Tower)))
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in i[2] and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set k[2] = (Picked unit)
              • Set j[2] = (Position of (Picked unit))
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Mana of k[2]) Less than ((Max mana of k[2]) - 5.20)
                  • (Mana of k[1]) Greater than 5.20
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Set mana of k[2] to ((Mana of k[2]) + 5.20)
                  • Unit - Set mana of k[1] to ((Mana of k[1]) - 5.20)
                  • Lightning - Create a Drain Mana lightning effect from source j[2] to target j[1]
                  • Set t = (Last created lightning effect)
                  • Wait 0.70 seconds
                  • Lightning - Destroy t
                • Else - Actions
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_j[2])
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_i[1])
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_i[2])
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_i[3])
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_j[1])
That's the trigger I'm using to set up a mana network and I need a special effect to show when a unit transfers some mana. Ofcourse drain mana effect is perfect except it doesnt go away!
Why does "destroy t" not work?
I tried even to set the alpha to 0 to make it invisible but it don't work.

Level 8
I try this but I can't get it to work on allied structures. (you are talking of siphon mana right?)

Targets allowed: alive,allied,friend,ground,mechanical,notself,playerunits,structure
It should work with these targets no?

If I can make mana drain fully automated then I will use it. But at present it won't target allied structures.

Level 10
This is unrelated, but I noticed during the Frozen Throne Human campaign, that the tooltip text for Kael'thas' mana drain says "Transfers mana between the Blood Mage and a target. Drains <AHdr,DataB1> mana per second from an enemy, or transfers <AHdr,DataE1> mana per second to an ally.|n|nSiphon Mana can push the Blood Mage's mana over its maximum value, though excess mana drains off rapidly if not used.|nLasts <AHdr,Dur1> seconds."

I try to cast mana drain on an allied unit, it says it can only be used on enemies. Also, I've never seen the blood mages mana get pushed over the limit, heh.

Level 8
Yeh I noticed that too. It probably means that the ability is bugged due to some lazy last minute coding.

I would prefer to use the drain lighting effect but as this is being retarded I can settle for a regular special effect.

If no one can explain how to properly control lightning effects any sugestions on a cool fx (mana = water so water related) would also be appreciated.

EDIT: Just tried that Squiggy, doesn't work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.