• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Leaderboard Disappearing during the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi All,

Just a quick question - is there a maximum score you can reach for the leaderboard before it bugs out?

The leaderboard keeps disappearing during the 'late game' , i suspect it is one someone reaches 1 million+ total game score, ie 7 digits and it probably breaks after that?

I have a very simple trigger set up, im a noob so you probably would have made a better one. but would the below be the issue?

Setup LeaderBoard
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Leaderboard - Create a leaderboard for (All players) titled Score
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing).) and do (Leaderboard - Add (Picked player) to (Last created leaderboard) with label (Name of (Picked player)) and value 0)
Leaderboard - Show (Last created leaderboard)

and then:

Update Leader Board
Events
Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Leaderboard - Change the value for Player 1 (Red) in (Last created leaderboard) to (Player 1 (Red) Total Overall Score)
Leaderboard - Change the value for Player 2 (Blue) in (Last created leaderboard) to (Player 2 (Blue) Total Overall Score)
Leaderboard - Change the value for Player 3 (Teal) in (Last created leaderboard) to (Player 3 (Teal) Total Overall Score)
Leaderboard - Change the value for Player 4 (Purple) in (Last created leaderboard) to (Player 4 (Purple) Total Overall Score)
Leaderboard - Sort (Last created leaderboard) by Value in Descending order

Level 25
I am not sure on what version you are, or if the triggers you posted are from the actual map where the issue occurs.
But I am on the latest version and creating and showing leaderboard on map initialization does not work for me. It works on 0.0 elapsed game time, but not map initialization. Don't know if the situation is different in multiplayer.

I also don't think it is due to high score. WC3 uses 32 bit signed integers, so maximum integer value is 2,147,483,647. If you go over that number, an overflow happens and the number becomes negative. From my own tests, causing the overflow for leaderboard with 10 players did not cause any issue (apart from scores becoming negative).

Perhaps the issue is elsewhere? Could looking up score of disconnected player be the issue?

Last edited:
Level 2
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes the triggers are from my actual map and it works. however just in case it is the issue i will change it to the elapsed time version you have.

Good to know about the maximum value, hopefully its the map initialisation part that is messing it up.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.