• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Late XGM New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
In Communist Soviet Russia, we celebrate the New Year by making a fancy cinematic map by whole community for whole community. I'm little late with screens of that, but that's no trouble, since we celebrate New Year again on 13th of January.

The terrain was actually done by me (with help of infamous oGre_), models were sent by users, and then coded by administration to run around, play snowballs, and drink heavily.

Before coding and filling with models:

In-game screens, with some late changes by third hands:

The link to the actual map on XGM for those unscared by cyrillic.
The page: http://xgm.ru/maps.php?id=4256
Download link: http://xgm.ru/maps.php?do=download&id=4256&h=ee67

P.S. Map uses some unusual coding and may or may not open.

Level 13
This is actually tempting me to make a cinematic for ever holiday will I will try on next holiday. Also very sad its not in English =[.

EDIT:eek: I thought this was going to be more cinematic like with a story pretty awesome btw nj =].

Last edited:
Level 8
Hey, i signed up for XGM and I couldn't find the doodads you used for the buildings. And deleting and testing each import in that map would take much too long. Could you please send me the model pack for the buildings?

Level 8
its not protected but there are tons and tons of different models. I don't know if you have a seprate folder or something with the models but if you do, that would be helpful cause the entire map is filled with imports and sorting that out would just take a loong time.

Level 9
Nnnno. Unfortunately, no. There's not much to translate anyway - Cyrillic nicknames overhead are untranslatable and text down at the bottom is mostly thanks and acknowledgments.

P.S. All building models names start with xgm2010_ . Look up the textures they use in any model editing program like MdlVis, this little quest makes you feel real bad-ass mapmaker =)

Status
Not open for further replies.