• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Kings - The Crusade

Would you play this map if it was released?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I will test this when you put up a link to the beta, I have high hopes that this turns out well. I will also send a review when I actually can test this, don't give up just because people don't comment much. Prove them this is worth their time, but for now, cheers and good luck.

ndh

ndh

Level 8
I will test this when you put up a link to the beta, I have high hopes that this turns out well. I will also send a review when I actually can test this, don't give up just because people don't comment much. Prove them this is worth their time, but for now, cheers and good luck.
Thanks! Added clouds to the sky (they slowly drift on the breeze), the player will be able to see through these clouds giving that enhanced "birds-eye" view. I have a lot more ideas for this project, I just hope i can get it all in, or at least most of it :)

(Will add screenshots of the new clouds within an hour or two, let me know what you guys think)

ndh

ndh

Level 8
As promised, screen shots of the clouds, and one of the loading screen. Let me know what you guys think :)

Attachments

• KtC Loading Screen.jpeg
    KtC Loading Screen.jpeg
    709.6 KB · Views: 178
  • Cloud SS1.jpeg
    Cloud SS1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 219
  • Cloud SS2.jpeg
    Cloud SS2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 157
  • Cloud SS3.jpeg
    Cloud SS3.jpeg
    1,008.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Cloud SS4.jpeg
    Cloud SS4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 141
The terrain improvements/changings look really good. :thumbs_up:
But I don't like the wrench symbols above the workers. Doesn't fit at all, as they hadn't have wrenches in medieval times. That symbol looks much to modern for me.

Adding another resource (stone) is great, though the way you implemented it doesn't fit in very well with the rest (visually, UI). Maybe add more (like iron) and make them together with wood (and mabye also food) as costum ones (like you did with stone). At the moment stone looks like some special resource, though it should be on the same "level" as wood I think, as both are building materials.

You can just get food by building farms and wait for animals to breed, right? It would be nice to have some alternatives like wheat fields or something where you can gather additional food with workers for example.

ndh

ndh

Level 8
I do like that farm idea...I'll look into it. Hmm, I have already received comments from other testers that a fourth resource was on the edge of to many things to worry about. Thanks for the feedback though : )

Oh, and as for the wrenches, that was just so i could keep track of my workers : P

ndh

ndh

Level 8
December 20, 2012 News Update: Improved systems have been added, including a new building system, stone system, and an improved weather system. In addition, videos showcasing the systems and some gameplay might be added soon.

ndh

ndh

Level 8
Some major changes to many of the systems, going to be testing over the next few days to make sure most of the game is balanced before we begin thinking of a beta release date. Durng this time, it is very likely that we will post some gameplay footage to help raise interest in the project.

-ndh

ndh

ndh

Level 8
Updated Terrain

New updated terrain, hope you guys like it :grin:

Attachments

• Updated Terrain SS5.jpg
    Updated Terrain SS5.jpg
    619.2 KB · Views: 127
  • Updated Terrain SS4.jpg
    Updated Terrain SS4.jpg
    696.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Updated Terrain SS3.jpg
    Updated Terrain SS3.jpg
    682.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Updated Terrain SS2.jpg
    Updated Terrain SS2.jpg
    617.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Updated Terrain SS1.jpg
    Updated Terrain SS1.jpg
    664.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Updated Terrain SS6.jpg
    Updated Terrain SS6.jpg
    589.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Updated Terrain SS7.jpg
    Updated Terrain SS7.jpg
    587.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Updated Terrain SS8.jpg
    Updated Terrain SS8.jpg
    644.9 KB · Views: 111
Level 25
From your info text about the map, I had the feeling that you are some pro balance freak like blizzard. xd
Thinking to check the map some time later, even tho I like to play such "spam army" games like Stronghold:Crusaders on 2D.

We're mainly drawing inspiration from Age of Empires and Supreme Commander for economy and economic balance.

Unit balance will be very similar to Age of Empires balance - units have attack/armour types that interact differently with others.

Level 3
Stronghold Crusader meats Warcraft 3 :3.
Hope you will make AI, because lot of peaple don't want to play anything else than their precious DOTA :x .

ndh

ndh

Level 8
There are no longer cows and pigs in the map, instead there will be wheat fields which the player can grow and harvest for food. However, that is a great idea, and will consider adding it if we put livestock back in. :)

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Nah, he means your trees. They are present in a couple of maps and a campaign, if I recall correctly. In fact, I've used them too but lost the map file.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

The main reason they go so well with his theme is cause the tiles are made by Fingolfin too ;)

ndh

ndh

Level 8
Back to War3 modding for a bit, and am in need of a coder to continue work on this project. If interested just send me a pm.

Would also like to thank rulerofiron99 for all his help with this project up to this point and his experience will always be welcomed.

Additionally, it's been much longer than 48 hours so...

BUMP :D

Status
Not open for further replies.