• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Keyboard Movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have started working on a keyboard movement system and I ran into a little problem. I have the turning set but I cant get the unit to move foreword. What is the tirgger action that moves a UNIT 'x' amount of distance in the direction the UNIT is facing? Thanks for your help.

Note:this is in 3rd person

Level 4
Remember, arrow keys in multiplayer maps suffer from extreme lag. You might want to use IKJL keys mapped to some dummy abilities, because abilities' hotkeys reaction time is way faster (almost instant)

hmmm make 3 triggers.
  • WalkingTrig
  • Event
    • Player 1(Red) Presses the Up Arrow key
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Turn on "Walking"
  • Walking
  • Event
    • Time - Every 0.20 seconds of Game-Time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order (whatever hero/unit player has in var form) to Move To ((Position of (" ")) offset by 250 towards (Facing of (" ")) degrees)
  • Stopping
  • Event
    • Player 1(Red) Releases the Up Arrow key
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Trigger - Turn off Walking
and if thats not what you're looking for then i cant help.. sorry if this doesnt help at all

Level 15
hmmm make 3 triggers.
  • WalkingTrig
  • Event
    • Player 1(Red) Presses the Up Arrow key
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Turn on "Walking"
  • Walking
  • Event
    • Time - Every 0.20 seconds of Game-Time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order (whatever hero/unit player has in var form) to Move To ((Position of (" ")) offset by 250 towards (Facing of (" ")) degrees)
  • Stopping
  • Event
    • Player 1(Red) Releases the Up Arrow key
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Trigger - Turn off Walking
and if thats not what you're looking for then i cant help.. sorry if this doesnt help at all

There are far more easier ways to create such systems. Look at HappyTauren's system for an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.