• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Key movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey, I thought it would be a nice idea to create a third person map where you would be able to control your ship. So far I have been just playing with triggers and am stuck at this point.

I made the ship be able to move in the direction of your rotation but it only moves a little bit. I would prefer it to be like by 10 or something so you don't have to spam the W/UP key every second.

So if you can make it go further than just a foot let me know.

I have uploaded the map so you can see.
Keys:
Mouse controls camera rotation.
W to go the direction of your camera.
S to stop the ship.
ALT + F4 to exit game.

Attachments

• Starshipmap.rar
    15.9 KB · Views: 58
Level 9
Would you like it to move forward until you release the button? And do you want the ship to Turn when you press Left/Right or do you want it to Strafe. Are you Turning with mouse? You want it in third person mode, about 45 degree angle behind the unit or directly from above like satellite image?

I'm asking about everything just incase you change your mind. I can try doing a system for you if you want.

Level 3
Yeah something like it would keep going until you released the button and you use the mouse to turn. I just figured out a work around with a periodic event that works, but I don't think it will work well for multiple ships.

Level 2
here is a basic movement startline that should work for an array of players, and right click to straffe/mouse view/move and leftclick while straffing to sprint.

Attachments

• 1.SC2Map
    111 KB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.